1984: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚌𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝

Start from the beginning

It's a pain in her ass so I hadn't called her in a while to see Allie, I didn't want to pull her away from her grandparents and I had to pull out of our last arrangement for me to see Allie as Doc arranged an interview for me and Nikki to do, though hadn't told us about it until three days before, meaning we couldn't really get out of it. I'd been pissed, as had Nikki but we did it and it wasn't worth missing out on a weekend with my daughter but it's my job so I have to make it okay.

I was desperate to call and see when Kelly could fly out there though restrained myself and I think, among other reasons, it's why I threw this party today, because I'd been needing a night of social interaction and all round noise to make me feel better.

That had been the plan, but now everyone was here and the party was underway... I found that it didn't help at all.

I was mingling with people but was getting tired of it fast. I was about to go upstairs and lock myself in my bedroom when I hear Tommy's voice, Tom was here, as was Mick, though I'd only seen both of them in passing and not actually spoken to either man yet. Looks like I'm about to check Tommy Lee off my list.

"Vinnie!"

I turned and looked in the drummer's direction "Hey, Tom."

"Hey, I haven't seen you properly yet today, you're not avoiding me are you, bro?"

"No. I'm not avoiding you." I smiled "You good, man?"

"Yeah, I'm good, been looking forward to tonight all damn week. It's a great party, not that you've ever thrown an awful one." Tommy says "Shame Nikki couldn't make it."

"Yeah... it is but a vacation with friends seems like a good time, I could do with a good time like that, I haven't had much of a good time for a while."

Tom looked at me with a sympathetic look "I know, dude but you should try and find someone, not like a one night stand, I mean like a girlfriend... it'd do you good, cause the chances of you fixing shit with Kelly is gonna be almost impossible, you're gonna need something life changing to happen for any chance of that."

"I still have to try, I still love her Tommy, I can't just forget that even if I wanted too... I don't think I see myself seriously with anyone other than her, never really have... which is why I wanna throw myself off my roof for fucking it all up."

"When are you going to try and talk to her cause like I said, it's gonna take something life changing... hell, world ending for you to fix your relationship. I'm just glad Mick doesn't rat me and Nikki out when we have girlfriends."

"You guys aren't discreet about it anyways."

"No but still, so, when you gonna do it?"

"I don't know, Tommy." I tell the younger man exasperated "It's not an easy thing to talk about is it? We're still not really on talking terms, we're at greetings now, at least we have been the last few times I saw Allie but other than that? Nope. We only talk about Allie, that's it... she doesn't want to know me for anything else and I can't blame her."

"I'm not asking you to blame her, this isn't her fault but if you're not going to move on from her you gotta talk to her, there's no alternative." Tommy shrugs.

And I knew that he was right but I knew he wasn't exactly optimistic about me getting back with Kelly, I saw it all over him and I can't say I am either "Be honest, do you really think I stand a chance of getting her back?"