1981: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚋𝚞𝚝

"Sorry, babe. Yeah, I'm alright... a little on edge."

"A little?" I say scoffing "And the rest."

"Yeah, thanks for that, you're really not helping."

"Oh, come on, don't be so nervous, it's not like you to be like this. You'll do great, you've rehearsed enough."

"Doesn't mean it all won't go to shit."

"Even if it does you live and learn, you're giving those people out there something new tonight, and if they can't appreciate that then that's their issue, not yours."

"If we mess up this show, this band will be over before it's even begun and we'll all be fucked."

"No, you won't." I assured sternly "Baby, if this show does go to hell, it doesn't automatically mean it's over but if by some very unlikely circumstances does happen, I'm more than alright paying for you guys to live and try again, cause you four work so good together, this will work even if it takes more time than this."

Vince shook his head "I don't want you to give us your money... this wouldn't be your problem and I won't allow you to get us out of shit creek if it came to it. You're not just your money and I won't take advantage of that."

"You wouldn't be, I'm offering, you wouldn't have a say anyways, I'd pay it directly to whoever I needed too myself, so you couldn't just pay it me back."

The blonde rolled his eyes and gave me an exasperated stare "You're seriously one of the most stubborn women I've ever known in my life."

"And you're one of the most stubborn men I've ever met, though Nikki, Tommy and Mick can rival you for that title maybe even beat you at it. You guys are my friends, I'll happily give you money if you ever desperately need it."

"You just friend-zoned me, seriously?" Vince says offence woven into his voice.

"You can be my friend and my boyfriend, y'know? And out of all of that I said, you focus on me generalising you with the other guys."

"Because I'm not one of the other guys."

"No, you're not." I agreed "Are you staying with the Tommy and Nikki tonight, coming with me or going home?"

"I don't know yet... I'll see how I feel later, but if this goes well, I wanna go out and get hammered so I might crash with Tommy and Nikki. You'll come with, won't you?"

"I suppose someone will have to look after you. I'll crash wherever you do, makes no difference to me."

"Even if I passed out in an alleyway?"

"Probably, I wouldn't just leave you there."

"That's some serious dedication."

"To you, yes. What do you expect? I love you."

"You're something else, you know?"

"I wouldn't want to be the same as everyone else." I purred as I slipped off the vanity table and placed myself on my boyfriend's lap instead which he didn't have any argument against, he just smirked at me, though his body was still tense and anxiety still clear in his eyes "Hey..." I mutter getting his attention directly on me as it was already faltering to the mirror and his reflection "You're gonna do great, babe. I promise." I whisper to Vince, kissing the corner of his lips softly.