Chapter 22: Frogs are cute too!

Kein's POV

"Welp glad to see your parents still being them even if the Duke looks like he'll definitely need a lot of rest." I looked at the two lovable couple, who were Vincent's parents.

Vincent agrees with me as he leaves the room and I follow him. "Father and Mother, they have been like that and I'm glad they are not like other noble parents I have witnessed." (Lord Vincent)

"Yeah heh I can see that. Believe me with all the medieval novels I've read and all the noble related romance I've seen, usually there's some third party person in here to break the arrangement."

I laugh thinking about the works of film back in my own world.

There would be a forbidden love trope where someone from the noble family meets a commoner and falls in love forgetting the engagement set by his parents. The next part is just having either a plan to escape together or rebel against them.

Or usually if things go well and the book is nice. The parents accept but the movie won't last an hour that way so it must be better to have some chaos here and there.

"So... mind telling me who's the girl behind the curtain, Kein?"

Vincent points out at Rose whose shoes were poking out of the curtain.

"Pfft-" I tried containing my laughter as I walked over to the curtain, opening it to reveal Rose a little taller than me trying her best to hide herself. "Vincent already noticed your shoes sticking out, hiding out behind the curtains was not a good place to choose."

"Aw, fiddlesticks." (Rose) muttered as she sighed looking at Vincent disappointedly.

"Miss Rose, delighted to see you again after all this time." (Vincent) bows , taking in Rose who laughs nervously.

"H-Hi nice to see you too, a person I don't know." (Rose)

Wait what? But didn't these two each other hang out back at the Licht Festival or maybe it's just been a while that Rose already forgot who this was. "Rose come on, this is Lord Vincent, the one who was with us at the festival. Did you forget him already?"

"A-AH! Yeah! You! Yes! I remember! Nice to see you again!" (Rose)

Wow. This was awkward. These two looked at each other's eyes somehow communicating in an eye language I don't know as they stared at each other quietly. "Okay that's it, it's too quiet and awkward. Since I have fulfilled my purpose of visiting the Duke and seeing he's in okay condition I might go back to watch sword fighting instead. Wanna come with me, Rose?"

I asked Rose, she looked so happy at first but... she shakes her head politely. "N-No... I have to do volunteer work for the church. I still have to see the other injured knights."

"The other mages are out of town because of the king sending them on an expedition to find a rare ingredient for the queen's medicine. I have to help out around here some more..."

Expedition? Queen's medicine? Help out? I felt like I shouldn't impose on Rose's possible duties.