Chapter 8 : Key

8

A distractive sound was made when the door of the room hit the wall behind.

My interections were interrupted by the quick sound that I almost forgot what I was saying and my eyes got upon a manly figure standing by the door holding two big bags in both hands and a box to the chest.

My roommate Liza called by the name 'Hoseok', though I was sure of not meeting him before.

The man was wearing a black shrug over a silvery white t-shirt. His fashion sense was remarkable as he was wearing dark black jeans pants with a badass chain from his waist to the pocket on his left.

He gave a bright sunny smile, kind of embarassed as he made a loud intro.

Liza moved towards him and directed him towards the kitchen to keep the bags aside

"Are they providing a delivery man too?", Words sprouted from my mouth out of curiosity.

Liza gave me a cold gaze as she heard them. I stunned.

"What did I say wrong?", I tried to conclude.

The next moment my brain got memory wave and I recalled, "Hoseok !".
Suddenly I know this guy, why am I too slow?

He was Liza's boyfriend which she mentioned soon after coming from her date at that night. I never met him personally before.

But still, DAMN I should've remembered the name atleast. Who will deal with her now?

I saw her coming straight at me. Hitted my head by her palm she said, "Do you have a death wish or what?".

"Ouch ! I'm sorry maybe I'm still sleepy. Like you banged at me so early, what else do you expect? Huh!", I felt irritation.

"So sleepy that you forgot my boyfriend's name", Liza hissed.

*Patter, patter*

A sudden noice similar to as falling of filled plastic bag came from the kitchen section, we both gazed at Hoseok.

"What is this?", Hoseok astonished.

"Probably, he got that slot", Liza verbalized.

"Yep! Now explain him he is your boyfriend at last!", I giggled.

"Can you tell me why you have these packets of chips....oh! And ramen as well! What is this...spicy macronies?", Hoseok shuffled through the infinite packets of quick food and snacks that me and Liza had stuffed inside a single slot of cupboard in the kitchen because who cares about cooking!
"Who has 39 packets of same chocolate biscuit and each packet is individually scattered not in packs !".
Hoseok continued.
"What a mess ! Is the country going to face food shortages or something...so much stock !".

All the packets must have fallen on Hoseok when he opened that slot door.

Liza quickened to help Hoseok to again shove those plastic bags again into that drawer.

While I was busy enjoying how Hoseok was complaining about that stuff, "It was Liza's idea to avoid cooking forever!". I just couldn't resist myself and pored more spices to enjoy the situation.

"What! You don't cook? Then why you bought these veggies and make me hold these big bags?", Hoseok seemed annoyed.

I stopped smiling.

Liza started convincing and so I realized if I won't help I'll be dead meat soon.

So I interrupted and help in stuffing back the packets one over another, literally pushing the entire stock into that small slot.

At last slot was fully packed as before.
I pressed the slot door hard but it got opened everytime I try to loose, maybe the pressure from inside was too high to handle for it.

"Too many packets", I outraged.

Liza got my back and lock the door with a key.

"Now only this key can open it! Feeuuww!", She sighed. She got busy in unwrapping the groceries with Hoseok.

I pressed that patterned door to ensure its lockage.

But, just in that moment, I could relate myself to that slot in cupboard. From outside it looks so pretty and calm, but inside it is brimming with different types of packets which are too much for it to control. Like how I've been feeling different emotions brimming out in uncontrollable manner, but no one knows.

I move my head towards the other people in the room. I saw that key in hands of Liza and I was known that how only that key can help in realising the pressure behind that door and nothing else.

Maybe that's what I need !?

A key.

"You eat such unhealthy food daily ! So irresponsible about your health", Hoseok continued in background.

"Yaa ! But I'm still so pretty, ain't I?".

"In your dreams".

I kept a bit distance while standing near the cupboard and running through all the stuff in my head. In the mean time Liza and Hoseok were chattering.

Maybe that second I got the light. Something was up to come for sure.

"YAAA ! What do you mean ? Am I not pretty?", Liza hooted.
"Don't talk to me. I'm so tired. You also need sleep".

"Y/N do you want me to put these somewhere else?", Liza interected but I was absent, as lost into my own thoughts.

"Y/N....."

"Yes", I came back. "What happened?".

Suddenly Hoseok tripped a glass plate from his hand.
He hastened and grabbed it back before reaching the ground.

"I'm so sorry ! My hand got slipped", he apologized.

We were deeply stunned by the event though, but glad nothing broke.

"You got skills, huh !?", Liza flirted.

Before I could know, a brain wave stuck me and a past flashback was recalled by my mind, "This happened before, didn't this?", I mumbled.

I clearly remembered the event when a plate was broken by a child at the coffee shop when I was sitting with Jin.

He was saying something....what was it?

I pressured my mind and tried hard to recall.

( Jin told about this residence in chapter 2, but Y/N got distracted by the noice of breaking plate, so it completely slipped from her mind)

".....green and lushy"
"Palace.... palace for sure"

My facial expressions changed as I made progress in recalling that event.

"Name....a name ! What was that?".

"What are you talking about?", Liza asked as my voice was above my breathe.

"A name of castle...palace! U.......UYUNG PALACE !!!!!", I uttered loudly in excitement.

Hoseok and Liza gazed at me with one sight. I was smiling in excitement and anxiety. I had no idea how should I react.

Finally a clue to my key was found, which was just beside me.

My eyes filled with hope.

             .....to be continued...

[A/N]
Thankyou so much for reading.
Love you all
Purple you