Fəsil 20

************* 3 Years Later **************

A sudden call broke off his sleep. He searched for his phone with his eyes closed, being unable to open as it was heavy with sleep. "Hello", his hoarse voice came out.

"Yaah, Kim Seokjin it's our graduation day today, you remember right?". Seokjin jolted up. "Yeah yeah ofcourse I do, I was getting ready, you know". Jonas replied, "Ofcourse ofcourse as if I don't know you, you were asleep till I called you. Now get your ass here within 20 minutes, is that clear?". Seokjin mumbled, "okay mom".

Seokjin rushed to the washroom to freshen up for his big day. His aunt told him already that she would be there. Being so drowned with work, Seokjin often forgets many important things in life, like contacting with his parents, his friends back in Korea.

He was offered a job as an intern last year at a marketing company, this year he got a permanent position in the company. So he could easily move out from his aunt's place and be independent. Seokjin was now not the Seokjin he was before. He was independent, owned a car, a studio flat at New York, had a permanent job and a parent like friend Jonas.

He checked his phone to see messages from Yoongi, Jisoo, his father and Taehyung. He will text them back later. As always, he kept his life in Korea aside. He has moved forward a great deal and it was only his strong willpower that made him do so. He still remembered the year when Jungkook gave his all to make Jin come back.

Flashback 3 years back

The day Jin reached USA, everything felt so nostalgic to him. His aunt picked him up from the airport and drove him to her place. He had dinner and went to bed early that night because of the exhausting long hours of journey. Just as he was about to sleep, he got a call from Yoongi. He debated for a while if he should pick up, given he felt this tired, but in the end he picked up as he already missed his bestfriend

"Yoongi-ah, sorry I didn't call earlier, I have  already reached, and was about to sleep you know", said Jin. He waited for Yoongi to speak but all he heard was a faint sound of sob. It didn't take him twice to recognize who was on the other side of the phone. His heart clenched hearing him cry, but he wasn't gonna give in. "I am sorry Jin, please you can punish me as much as you want but don't leave me alone here, I can't live without you. I promise, I won't show you my face but please come back. Please Jin". Jungkook sobbed.

Jin's cheeks were already stained with tears. He sighed and replied,"Jungkook, it's just not about you. I want to find myself. I have lost myself, my will to live, while being in there. I want to start everything afresh. I have given up on everything for that sake, if you ever loved me, I hope you will respect my decision and stay away from me. Please don't call from my friends' phone again, otherwise I will cut them off to. Now please pass the phone to Yoongi".

Jin was harsh. He was very harsh on Jungkook. But what else could he do to push him away?  When Yoongi came on the call he said, "Sorry Jin, I didn't want to give him the phone but he was crying so much so I felt bad for him. I won't do it again please don't be mad at me". Jin cried out. He sobbed like a baby. Yoongi thought that Jin was gonna shout at him but hearing Jin he understood the tough decision Jin took, going against his heart. He mouthed Jungkook to leave so as not to expose Jin's wailing for him. Jungkook left Yoongi's house that night, and Jin's life too.

Taehyung on the other side, couldn't let go of Jin. Although he said that he will stay as his friend, but deep down he still wished to win him back.

He knew that it was all because of Jimin that Jin left Korea, so the first thing he did after Jin left was to remove Jimin from the company. Jimin begged and apologized to him, but Taehyung didn't pay heed to any of his words, the last thing he said to Jimin was,"Be grateful that I didn't hand you over to the police, only because you were my bestfriend once".

However Jungkook didn't have a very forgiving heart. As soon as he joined his dad's company, he got immersed in the work. His dad declared him as the company's CEO within a year and it was that year, when Park Jimin was arrested for drug abuse and finance embezzlement, which entirely was a trap set by CEO Jeon Jungkook.

Flashback ends

As Jin went to the stage to receive his certificate, his entire past came to him as a distant memory, how he have come a long way since the day he first landed on USA 3 years back. He was proud of the person he has become. It was his and only his achievement, which he could do entirely because of himself, it was only possible because he prioritized himself over everything , he learned to think about himself first, he learned to love himself.

As he got down off the stage, he was hugged by his aunt. "Aww my Jinnie I am so proud of you, look at you now, you have become a big man. Don't forget your aunt, okay?". Jin smiled and hugged his aunt tightly,"My pretty pretty Rose, you have been my pillar since the time I came here so today is not just my day, it's yours as well. You have been both my mother and my father these past 3 years so this hat is yours too" and Jin put the hat on her head.

"Aww getting all mushy without me?", Jin and his aunt turned around to see Jonas running towards them. They widened their arms and invited Jonas into their embrace.

Jonas was Jin's university friend from USA. Both of them went to the same department and both of them were the ultimate introverts so usually they would land up as team mates. Then what, it took a drink out or two for them to confide in eachother and boom Jin found his closest friend in USA. Jonas reminded him of Yoongi . Jonas always took care of Jin as if he were his guardian.

"You are coming to the after party right?", asked Jonas. Jin sighed and replied, "I don't know, should I?". Aunt Rose slapped on his shoulder and said ,"You must, stop bailing out from parties all the time, and who misses their grad party, huh?". Jin rolled his eyes and replied, "Yeah yeah, less go".

Hi... everyone sorry for updating late. This was a catch-up chapter with everything that has been going on within these 3 years. Look forward to the next chapter for some fun 😉