Fəsil 9

Jin answered the door as soon as he heard the bell. Like he expected, Jungkook was standing there with an anxious look on his face. “Jin? Are you okay?”, Jungkook asked him. Jin let out a weak smile and nodded. He wasn’t okay, how could he be? He cheated on the love of his life.

Jungkook came forward and pulled him into a hug. Jungkook knew something was off. He brought his nose forward to the crook of his neck to inhale his beloved’s scent, but Jin’s comforting smell was gone, rather it smelled of a cologne of another man. Jungkook’s eyes went to the large red hickey that was planted on the back of his neck.

He knew what happened, he could tell that a different man tasted his Jin, his insides were burning with rage, his eyes brimmed up with tears but he didn’t want to label something on Jin without being 100% sure. He faced Jin and asked,”Let’s go to our home,hmm?”. Jin nodded without looking at him.

The ride to home was rather awkward. None of them spoke a word. When they entered their apartment, Jin straight went into his room and locked the door. He wanted to vent out, tell everything to Jungkook, cry to his heart’s content in Jungkook’s arms, but he feared the consequences, he feared being abandoned by Jungkook, he feared to be judged. So he fell on the cold floor and wailed, all alone.

Jin didn’t know when he dozed off because when he opened his eyes, it was already dark. He turned on the lights and opened the door. He hoped to see Jungkook and maybe, maybe he could share everything with him. But to his dismay, he wasn’t there. The apartment was dark and empty, just like the void inside him.

Jungkook knew that he shouldn’t have left Jin alone but he couldn’t collect his thoughts together at that moment. He really wanted to ask, to scream at Jin but he couldn’t because what if he hurts Jin in the process. He sipped onto the beer on his hand and looked at the Han River, slow and steady. His life with Jin was also steady and peaceful, what was this turmoil that suddenly started to wreak havoc in their lives? Did his Jin seriously cheat on him with his boss last night or was it something else? The mere thought of someone touching Jin, boiled his blood. He clenched tighter on to the beer can and threw away the crumpled can into the river.

A sudden call broke his trance. Must be Jin, he must have been worried about me. When he brought out his phone the caller ID disappointed him, it was Jimin-ssi, so Jin isn’t worried about him huh. He sighed and picked up the call.

“Jungkook-ssi, where are you?”. Jungkook rolled his eyes and replied,”Jiminssi, it’s the weekend, can I atleast get a day off for one day?”. Jimin paused for a second and replied,"My bad Jungkook-ssi, I shouldn’t have bothered you today. I was passing by the Han River and saw you here, that’s why I called you to check if everything’s alright”. Jungkook looked around and asked,"You are here?”,Jimin replied, “Yeah, look on your right” and Jungkook indeed found Jimin there standing and waving at him.

Jimin picked him up and took him to a bar. “Today drinks are on me Jungkook-ssi”. Jungkook smiled but didn’t refuse. He wanted to drink till his feelings got numb today. So he drank, and drank and drank. However, Jimin didn’t take a single sip. He watched him getting drunk and admired Jungkook’s side face as he was in deep thoughts. He could guess that something happened with Jin, he wanted to ask him what’s wrong ,partly he knew that he was behind it. And he also knew that Jungkook wouldn’t share anything with him yet. That’s why he was working his way up to gain his trust, he wanted to be the only one who Jungkook trusted.

Soon Jungkook was wasted and started mumbling. Jimin was waiting for him to be done. He took Jungkook’s arm around his neck and made him stand up."Jin,please don’t leave me”, Jungkook mumbled while being walked by Jimin. It wrenched Jimin’s heart hearing Jin’s name instead of his. He held onto him tighter and made their way out from the bar and to Jimin’s house.

Jin had waited enough. He thought Jungkook had some office work so he didn’t bother disturbing him. It was 12am now, Jungkook should have been home by now. He picked up his phone and dialled Jungkook’s number, but he didn’t pick up. Ten minutes later he dialled again and again Jungkook didn’t pick up. It was 1am when Jin called him again and this time Jimin picked up.

“Hello Jungkook, where are you? Do you know what time is it? Why weren’t you picking up my calls?”. Jimin answered,”Jin-ssi, it’s me Jimin. Jungkook-ssi is sleeping right now”. Jin was shocked to hear that. He asked, “Sleeping? Where? At the office? I am coming to pick him up”. Jimin replied,”No Jin-ssi, he is sleeping at my house. He was very miserable today probably because of you, so I think it’s better if you give him some space now and let him calm down . Alright then”. Before Jin could answer further, Jimin cut the call and turned off his phone. Then he proceeded to join Jungkook on his bed, who was fast asleep.

Jin fell on the floor clutching onto his phone.Did Jungkook know about last night? Did he leave him and went to Jimin? Was it over between them? He had thousands of questions in his mind but above all, he was scared, scared of Jungkook leaving him.

Wiping his tears, he called Yoongi.It was late so it took some time for him to pick up. “Sug..suga”. Jin cried out. Yoongi replied with a concerned voice, “Hey, is everything alright? What happened? Why are you crying?”. Jin answered,”Suga can I stay at your place tonight?”. Suga immediately answered,”Yes ofcourse. Jin, I am coming to pick you up okay? I will be there soon. Whatever happened, we will solve it together”. Jin nodded and cut the call.

“Is this the beginning of our end Jungkook?”, Jin asked while looking at his and Jungkook’s photo frame at the wall.