Chapter 2

I looked as far as I could but he wasn't anywhere. Where did the stranger go now? He'll be in a deep shit if he can't present this ring at the time of proposal. Out of curiosity, I opened the box just a little bit to see the precious item inside it.

Holly Molly! That's what he's going to propose her with? Was he out of his mind? The moment I opened the box, I couldn't see the band of the ring as the ruby on the ring was massive, covering the whole band. This guy must be insanely rich to afford a jewel like this. This definitely needed to be returned. It was way too expensive to be given to the lost and found department.

He had to be somewhere in the nearby restaurants as it was not humanly possible to vanish into the thin air. I hurried onto the sidewalk and started peeping into all the nearby diners. Finally, after a long jog, I found him! He was in one of those posh diners where you only go on special occasions. There was a girl sat next to him whose face was covered by the huge bouquet that he was carrying. Lucky girl!

While I was staring at them from outside and adoring their bond, someone bumped into me again, making the box fall out of my hand.

"Stop day dreaming lady!", the stranger shouted while showing his middle finger to me.

"You must open your sockets!", I screamed at him and was met by his back. I rolled my eyes at him and picked the box up. Hmmm at least he brought me out of my trance, I mumbled.

I crossed the road to reach the diner that he was sitting in. I entered the place and it instantly lit me up. The place smelled like fresh coffee beans and blueberry pancakes. The smell hit my nose so hard that my stomach began to gurgle. I was hungry.

But my focus was different. I looked for the guy in a leather jacket. There were so many people around the diner that I lost his track. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, a man got up from his seat and bent down on his knees.

Thunder blunder!

Im already late!

He's going to propose!

"Hey!!!!!", I called out to him. The whole diner turned their heads towards me. Uh-oh! I think I was quite loud for a place so posh. The guy in the leather jacket turned towards me with a baffled expression. He recognized me instantly. I waved the red box towards him while he narrowed his eyes at me. And then the realization hit him.

He started fidgeting with his pockets and looked up at me. I smiled at him in an obvious way. He slapped his forehead and started walking towards me.

That's when I noticed the girl sitting behind him.

.

Savvy???????????

.

What???????

She. Had. A. Boyfriend.

Since when????

As soon as she saw me, she shot up from her chair with bewildered eyes. Definitely, she didn't expect me to be here.

"Hey?? Where did you get this box from? I must have dropped it somewhere", the guy in the leather jacket said. I was too shocked to answer his question.

He waved his hand in front of me to bring me back from my shock.

"Hello, are you always like this? A day-dreamer?", he said.

"Savvy..?", was all I could say. My voice was nearly a whisper.

"What?", he asked, bending towards me.

"You were going to propose Savvy?", I said, still not able to revive from my shock. My voice was barely above a whisper for him to be heard.

Savvy came rushing towards me when I said this.

"Jenny? What are you doing here?", she said, her face completely red with shock and embarrassment.

"You guys know each other?", the guy asked looking between us.

"Can you please shut up for a moment? Can't you see that we're in the middle of something?", I snapped at him. Can't he just zip up his lips for a moment. I just had the biggest revelation of the century. Shouldn't I be allowed some time to digest it?

"Excuse me? Are you crazy? Here I'm trying to polite and that's your response?", he snapped at me.

I looked at Savvy and then at the stupid figure standing right in front of me. I rolled my eyes at him and continued with Savvy.

"Are you dating him? Is he your boyfriend?", I asked her while shock was clearly visible on her face.

"Of course I'm her boyfriend. Why else would I bring flowers for her?", he interrupted again. Oh god! If this person won't shut his mouth, I'm going to punch him in the face.

"What language do you understand, Mister? Didn't I tell you to zip it up for a while?", I sneered at him.

"Oh hello! Who are you to tell me that? Just because I was nice to you over there, doesn't give you the right to talk rubbish!", he shouted at me.

That's it! That was the limit. He broke the very last strand of my patience. What followed after that was definitely not my fault.

I kicked him in his groin and the scream that escaped his mouth brought the whole restaurant to a standstill. I was quite sure the whole restaurant saw the scene unfold in front of them.

"JENNNIFER!!!! Are you mad?????? What'd you do that for?", Savvy said while bending down next to him.

"Who the hell is she, Savvy?", the guy asked while trying to massage his friend down there.

"I'm his sister, you idiot! Would have been better if you met the kin before proposing to her", I looked down at him with pity in my eyes. I threw the red box at him and turned on my heels towards the exit.