Chapter 29

Tobias strode into the main building at Indigo. It had been nearly two weeks since the execution of Giovanni, and he had watched the progress of the so-called 'legendary law'. It looked certain to pass, and so he had headed to Indigo. As he reached the receptionist, he smiled tightly at her.

"I would like to speak to the Pokémon Master." He said. The receptionist gave him a quick look, and shook her head.

"I am sorry sir, but he doesn't take visitors."

"He will take me." Tobias said.

"No sir, he will not. I suggest you see Miss Shirona." The receptionist said calmly. "If you like I can ask if she is free."

"Yes." Tobias said testily. "My name is Tobias Takuto."

The receptionist picked up the phone and spoke into it. A few moments later she spoke again, another brief pause, then she put it down.

"Miss Shirona will see you. Take the lift on the left to the seventh floor and she will see you."

"Thank you." Tobias gritted out. It grated against him to have to fight in this way, against the Pokémon League taking his Pokémon away from him. He tried to reign his irritation. He knew he had to be careful with somebody like Cynthia.

As he reached the seventh floor, he saw somebody stood waiting for him. "Tobias?" Cynthia asked.

"Yes." He said. "Thank you for seeing me Cynthia."

"I don't have much choice." Cynthia replied. "'Champion' asked me to meet you when you arrived."

"I see." Tobias said, as he followed Cynthia towards her office. "Did he say why he wanted you to do so?"

Cynthia didn't answer until she was sat behind her desk, with Tobias sat opposite her. "Inform you that you will be required to give up your Pokémon when the law comes into effect. Although he suspected that you would arrive as you have; before you have to give up your Pokémon."

"Indeed." Tobias said, his teeth gritted. "And did he say what he expected me to do when I arrived?"

Cynthia laughed lightly. "Wondering how well he's read you Tobias?"

Tobias was about to answer, then stopped. This wasn't going as he had expected. He took a breath to compose himself, before speaking again. "I am actually curious as to why he is pushing through this law."

"I cannot tell you." Cynthia said.

"You mean you don't know?" Tobias asked.

"No, I expect you to work it out for yourself pretty quickly." Cynthia answered. "After all, you have captured the Knowledge Pokémon."

Tobias sat stunned. He had tried his best to keep the fact that he had captured these legendary Pokémon out of notice of the Pokémon League. "How do you know that?" he asked, fighting to restore his inner calm.

"It's not on record." Cynthia said quietly. "I don't know how you managed that, but the only legendary Pokémon that there are a record of you having are Darkrai and Latios. 'Champion' knew though. I don't know how."

"It all comes back to him." Tobias said. "He knows things he shouldn't, can do things he shouldn't be able to, and shows up with a group of Pokémon that are stupidly powerful. Who is he Cynthia?"