That's it.

"Go back to bed. You're being a redheaded bitch," I shoved her out of the bathroom before locking the door. Turning to face Ellie, she was chewing on her lip. "Sorry," She whispered as I shook my head.

"It's all good, this isn't my first rodeo with people starting their periods at college." I teased but then pointed her towards my shower. "Take a shower, let me know if you need anything. I'll be waiting for you in the living room." I smiled at her turning to walk out.

"Wait!" She spoke as my hand found the door handle. I peered over my shoulder to see her smiling, nodding. "Thank you. I don't really have anyone to talk to about these things and it's hard to talk to grandma. Naomi isn't here and I obviously can't talk to Penn about these things. I was a late bloomer—they put me on birth control to try to sort it out and I guess it did. Thank you for being the big sister I didn't get to have," Frowning at her words, she smiled at me.

"No problem, Ellie." I nodded towards her before walking out of the bathroom teary-eyed.

My heart broke for her.

Ellie was so kind, caring, and compassionate and it seemed as if many hadn't done the same back to her. She grew up in her brother's shadow and I related to that in more ways than one. Gwen and I are the same age—it's not fun getting compared to your sister.

However, I don't even think Ellie got compared to Penn, I think everyone had just ignored her for her twin brother.

She clearly had been bullied and I think Penn tried to put a stop to it, but obviously, he couldn't put a stop to everyone. I mean, what kind of big brother would fuck his sister's bully? I found that out from McCutchins a few weeks ago, but I still never told Ellie. I didn't confront Penn either but he was in for a rude awakening.

He protected her from everything but himself.

Sitting on the loveseat, I covered myself up with the throw blanket—getting comfortable. Ellie had sex before but she's never started her period? Lucky bitch didn't even have to worry about getting pregnant.

It was almost comical how this has happened to me not once but now twice. First with Naomi and now with little Naomi. I pray that Stella got the Williams side of the reproductive genes that way she doesn't start her period when she's nearly twenty.

Turning on the television I watched the news. There wasn't anything good on it was just who broke up with who, who wore what, and infomercials.

However, there was something else occupying my mind that I had been trying to push to the side of my thoughts but I couldn't any longer.

Blake.

He liked me.

And he cared for me.

Rubbing my face, I tried to remove the small smile appearing on my lips. One that always appeared when I would think of the boy that I still had so much to learn about.

Hopping off the couch, I ran down the hallway for my journal. Grabbing a trusty pen, I lit a candle in my bedroom before settling down.

Dear Charlie,

Although he could never replace you, I found someone.

Speaking his name even smells like trouble but it was trouble that I wanted to get in. I never thought I would find someone who would make me feel like life was somewhat worth living unless it was you. I thought Caden made me feel like life was worth living but I've concluded that he was a distraction. He was a distraction from my mind—being with Caden felt easy because I killed the time that I usually had to think about you.