Chapter 42

I dont feel anything, I open my eyes and im walking around the scenn, then I see my body still in the car. How is this possible? Oh wait...

Im not dead NO. I walk over to my body, im stuck in the passenger seat and the medics just pulled me out.

My legs are completley messed up

but wheres mom?!

I run around the scene and see her being put in an ambulence, her nose is bleeding, she has a big cut on her forehead, shes screaming

"ME RIBSSS" they must be broken

"WHERES BRI?! WHERES ME BABY" she screams, the paramedic speaks up

"Im really sorry mam but you daughter might not make it" the female paramedic sighs.

How do you cope with the fact that you might die ? Thats the thing ... You can't.

Mom sobs loudly, they try to calm her down but its no use.

They give her a shot to put her to sleep and put an oxygen mask on her.

Soon she wakes up and her head is stitched up and they bandage up her broken rib.

"I want to see my baby" she says and the doctors sigh.

"Are you sure Ms.Cole?" she nods and they help her into a wheelchair and wheel her down to room 351.

I follow them in and I see my motionless body in the bed. I am covered in cuts and bruises , for a minute I don't even reconize myself.

She walks over slowly and sits next to the bed in the Avalible when aunt Kimba bursts through the door.

Cheryls pov

"Oh babe" I hear her, her voice weak and low.

I look up at her and throw myself into her arms and sob

"shes gonna die kimba, me babys gonna die" I cry loudly.

"She will pull through shes a fighter just like you" says rubbing me back as she tries to reassure me , but at te moment I cant believe her unconvincing tone. Even she knows its bad , bad enough to lose her. There is really no way to tell what is gonna happen. I curse the gods .. Why do you have to be so selfish of our love?! Why are they trying to take her away from me ?! We loved in a way that the angels envyed . Thats exactly why.

Brianna. My whole world gone, my princess, myeverything. I lost her once because of a stupid move as looks like I've just about done it again.

I just got her back in my life, I can't lose her already. I need her, I cant and won't live without her. Life without her is Unfathomable. If she goes I go too.

My world, my heart and soul, my best friend GONE.

"Cheryl she will be fine"

"Promise?" I question in a shaky voice

She sighs "I can promise you this, no matter what I will always be here for you" I feel her harm hand grasp mine tightly.

"Thanks kimba"

"no problem chez but its late.. lets get some sleep"

--

Kimberley's pov

We head back to my house. The ride is silent, the tension in the atmosphere could be cut with a knife. After a ride that feels like hours we finally reach my flat.

"Come on" I say leading her down the hall way and pulling her into bed with me, Ive never seen her so broken... Shes lost , once again .

She climbs in the bed and Lays her head on my chest, I put my arms around her tightly.

--

I wake up and look at the clock 8:27 am Cheryl's eyes flicker open and I notice the sparkle in her beautiful chocolate brown eyes is missing. "Come on get ready we gotta go" She says climbing out of bed, her voice emotionless and dull.

I put my hair in a high ponytail and put on my sweat outfit, cheryl does the same.

We both put on minimal makeup and go to the hospital.

I walk up to Brianna's doctor "any improvement?" I ask hopefully and the doctor sighs looking at her clip board

"sadly no but she is going for a test today, that should show any visible injuries she may have"

*3 hours later*

Brianna's pov

"I love you" mom says looking at my lifeless body

"I love you more" I whisper even though she cant here me.

I watch as my body is being wheeled out of the room.

"I love you most" mom cries as she releases my hand.

--

About an hour later the doctors come in and mom shoots up

"DID YOU FIND OUT WHATS WRONG WITH HER" she asks nervously the doctor frowns and a tear runs down her cheek

"Ms.Cole I'm sorry to tell you this but your daughter is in a coma and her legs are shattered, she can have a surgery done to save them but sadly theres a 95% chance she will be paralyzed for the rest of her life. But we cant do the surgery Unless she wakes up from the coma, so its all up to Brianna wether she wakes up or not" The doctor says.

All up to brianna... Its all up to brianna...

The words keep replaying in my head, I might be paralyzed?

This cant happen I can't be paralyzed for the rest of my life, what about all the things I love to do. I will become a vegetable.

No more swimming, going to the mall with my friends, no more sleepovers, no more concerts, no touring with mom, no more volleyball.

This can not be happening ...when am I gonna wake up from this nightmare?

If I go back I will never have a normal life again, my dreams of walking the red carpet with mom and possibly becoming a singer will be ruined...

But If I stay up here mom will be miserable, I don't wanna upset her...hasn't she been through enough?

I don't wanna go back because I will be in a chair for the rest of my life and I will be completely useless and dependent on everyone else for the rest of my life.

I look back down to mom and she staring at the doctor in shock

"s-shes gonna be p-paralyzed?" Mom says beginning to cry.

"Ms. Cole im really sorry but yes there is a 95% chance but that is if she wakes up"

aunt kimba gets up, pulling mom into a tight hug.

The doctor gives Aunt kimba a weak smile, rubs moms shoulder and exits the room.

Cheryls pov

I cry softly into kimbas chest and she rubs me back. "Lets sit down on the couch" she says and she puts her arms around me.

(Thinking to herself)

Shes gonna die and its all me fault. Im such a terrible mother, I never should of took those narrow streets.

I cant even call myself a mother anymore, I killed me own daughter.

The one person that was by my side through thick and thin, the one person that comforted me during my nightmares, my everything...brianna.

I look up and realize Kimba is asleep so I lay my head on her lap and shut my eyes.

Brianna's pov

I look down at mom and realize she cried herself to sleep...The one thing I promised I would never let her do...