Chapter 27

Shes is you're biological daughter.

C- oh erm ok t-thank you

I hang up the phone and the atmosphere instantly tenses up and It begins to feel hard to breathe.

Brianna senses my uneasiness to my luck and walks over to me "is everything ok?" She asks and places her hand on my cheek, the contact makes my heart beat faster and faster.

"Whats wrong" she asks slowly leading me back to the couch.

"Can we talk on the b-balcony maybe the fresh air will do us come g-good" she nods and takes my hands and helps me off the couch.

I lead her out to the balcony and we sit On two of the patio chairs looking out to the coast

(As seen in picture attached)

"Now can you tell me whats wrong? Is it the tests we got yesturday for that new disease?"

"No, I kinda lied about that new disease thing" Brianna's face drops

"so you lied to me? What was that test really for?" She says with annoyance in her tone

"No, just hear us out"

"ok" she sighs and sits back in the chair her eyes bore into mine with a questioning look plastered on her face

"it was a test too see if you where me daughter. Yesturday kimberley said we look so much alike and you where given up around the time I gave my baby away so I wanted to get tested to see if you are mine" I say and brianna takes my hands into hers.

"and what did the results conclude?"

"your mine" I say and she jumps onto me and hugs me tightly.

I feel the weight being lifted off my shoulders, shes not mad.

Thank god I was so scared she would hate us for it.

"Youre not mad right?" I ask still a little nervous

"no im not mad, How could I be mad" she says and hugs me tighter, I sigh in relief.

"So why did you give me up?" Brianna asks staring at nothing in particular and I sigh "come here" I say and pull her onto my lap, she rests her head on my chest.

Brianna's pov

"Well I as dating this guy named jake, we where just immature children at the time. I was only 16 and he was 17, me and him had no intention of having a child at the time and we got drunk one night and you know 'did it' and then a few days later I had a pregnancy test and it came out positive. It was all a mistake though and I didn't have the heart to kill the fetus so when it was time for you to be born I really wanted to keep you but he refused, I was forced to put you up for adoption and I've been looking for you ever since"

"so im a mistake?! An accident?! A result of you being carelessly drunk and having sex with a guy?!" I say yanking myself from her tight hold.

I get up off the chair and turn to run off the balcony when she grabs me by my wrist and stops me in my tracks "no please brianna!! Please" she cries, tears streaming down her face rapidly

"You even said it yourself cheryl 'it was all a mistake' "

"no I didn't mean it like that, honest"

She tries to pull me too her with the right grip she has on my wrist.

"leave me alone, I HATE YOU" I scream in her face and She looks at me and her face instantly crumbles, she falls to her knees and sobs loudly into her hands.

Her state instantly snaps me back to reality from the little fit of rage that had just occured before my very eyes.

My heart breaks at the sight of her, why would I say that to her? What kind of evil and vicious monster am I? What would posses me to say that?! I bend down and sit Infront of her "chez?" I say, she is still sobbing uncontrollably

"im sorry, I didn't mean it" I say and pull her into my arms.

She continues to cry as I rub her back in an attempt to calm her down, the wind begins to pick up since it is night and we are right along coast "come on its getting chilly, lets go inside"

I pick her up off the ground and carry her off the balcony and place her on the couch. I get up and make sure to close the balcony door and I grab a wash cloth from the kitchen. "Come here" I say and carefully clean the mascara stains all over her face and throw the cloth onto the table. I pull her onto my lap and rap my Arms tightly around her "im sorry C, I didnt mean it. I didn't mean hurt you, I was just mad. I promise I'll make it up to you some how" I say and feel her nod against my chest.

Soon her loud sobbing is reduced to a few occasional sniffs, her breathing soon evens out and shes asleep. I look down at her.

I stare at her tear stained cheeks that im the cause of, she cried herself to sleep because of me. Her heart breaking was because of my careless doing.

I lift her off my lap, carry her up the stairs and lay her in her bed.

I shut the light off on the way and make my way into my room and I climb into my own bed , The moon shining high in the sky and the stars illuminating my bedroom and the world around me.

And at that time I allow my thoughts to consume my worried and frantic mind.