〘17〙

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴄᴏɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴄʏ

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑• ᴄᴏɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴄʏ •

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

And the glass is slammed onto the dappled wood.

Eyes blood-red, throat rough and jaw ticked, Samael runs his tongue over his lips, licking off the excess alcohol that slid onto his lips. "Fuck." He mutters with gritted teeth.

This was nothing how he planned it to go. The two princes were gone for a whole week. They fought some one hundred soldiers. They definitely ate as well, no one would starve for a week unless they had a condition to be taken care of.

Growling in rage, he throws the glass the across the room as it goes and hits the wall beside the door, where his son is standing.

"Dad," Shiro walks over to his drunken father, "What are you doing?" He scrunches his nose when the olid smell of alcohol hits his nose.

"Suffering, son. Suffering." Samael bitterly responds.

"Why?" Shiro places himself next to his father.

"The princes came back alive."

"Yes and it's been three months to that." Shiro says, clueless of what his father is thinking.

"That's exactly the agony, my boy." Samael clenches his jaw, "I sent the prince of Changwon a letter to have them killed. Hell, I even sent some secret troops to Changwon. And they couldn't do shit."

Taken aback by his father's sudden confession of his doings, Shiro widens his eyes and gawks at his father. "You what?" He asks, baffled.

An evil smirk spreads across Samael's face, the aura turning dark and sinister. "You didn't know?" He snorts.

"No." Shiro replies. And I was feeling better without knowing it. 

"Saddening." Samael comments.

"But, why would you want the princes dead?" Shiro asks, a feeling of betrayal seeping into him upon finding out that his father isn't anywhere near how a first noble should be. 

"Power son, power." Samael gets off his chair and walks over to his window. Looking at the setting sun, he heaves a deep sigh. "Sometimes we don't get what we want. Other times, we don't get what we deserve. Most of the times, we decide to stay quiet and not even try to change the atrocity of life."