〘01〙

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
ᴀᴍᴏᴜʀ

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑• ᴀᴍᴏᴜʀ •

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

⋆──❅──⋆

You sprint around the kitchen as your sister chases you.

"You scoundrel!" She yells at you, a lump of dough in her hand, "How dare you pour milk all over my apron?!"

"How many times do I have to tell you, it was an accident!" You yell back, hitting your pinky toe on the edge of a table as you hiss in pain.

"Serves you right," chuckles your sister, Yureum.

"You're an evil woman, aren't you?" You struggle to stand up properly.

"You spilt milk all over me, you deserve this." She defends herself.

"It was an accident! I didn't mean to spill milk all over you." You huff in annoyance.

"You should have been more careful." Yureum helps you stand up, pulling you up in lousy, lethargic manner.

You give Yureum a 'are you serious' look indicating that her so-called 'help' isn't really helpful enough.

"That was a really good way of helping me get back up." You sarcastically say.

Yureum releases a nervous chuckle before asking, "Are you alright?"

"Seems so," you brush dust off of your apron, "Anyways, let's get to work. Lunch is in an hour and the queen told us to prepare something different." You toss your sister a smile.

⋯⋄⋯

Yureum wipes the accumulated sweat off her forehead with the cuff of her sleeve as you and her finish setting up the food on the trays. You pour the soup in a round, stout, wooden kettle and place it in the main tray.

"I hope you guys are ready," Hwayeon– one of the kitchen attendents enters the big kitchen as she puts on her off-white coat over her uniform, "The royal family will be down in five minutes."

Yureum smiles with pride before saying, "We're done and I'm getting a feeling that today's lunch will be quite impressive for the royals."

Ha-eun– the other kitchen attendent enters, her coat already tied, as she says, "Mmm, the aroma of the food is making my mouth water, what have you guys made?"

You chuckle before replying, "Sam Gae Tang, we don't usually cook this."

"Don't forget the Galbi Tang," Yureum adds, "We made that too."

"Damn, we won't even get to have any." Hwayeon speaks, her lips contorted in a pout.

"Everytime you guys make something new, the princes eat loads and loads of it. Time like those are when I want to stab the princes." Ha-eun stands in support of Hwayeon.