Chapter 13: Getting Ready

Start from the beginning

"I really don't know. I'm probably excited about the prom." I said and he kept on smiling. "Can I see what you'll wear?" I asked him putting on the puppy dog face.

"Ok." He said and I clapped. He got to his room and he opened the closet.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Ready." I said. He took out the tuxedo from the closet. It was amazing. It would really fit him.

"This would be amazing on you." I complimented.

"Now it's your turn." He said.

"My turn for what?" I asked.

"Your turn to show me your dress." He said like it's the most normal thing.

"No. I'm not showing you my dress." I said.

"C'mon Diana. I showed you my tuxedo." He begged.

"No Zayn. I want to keep it a surprise." I said.

"I can just open your closet and see it." He said.

"Who told you it's in the closet?" I said challenging.

"Where else would it be?" He said.

"It's in El's house." I lied. It's in the closet but I locked the bedroom's door and kept the key with me.

"You're lying." He said and started tickling me.

"Please...Stop." I said between laughs.

"Show me the dress." He said still tickling me.

"I can't breathe Zayn." I said laughing. He stopped.

"I told you more than 100 times not to do that anymore." I said hitting him.

"I don't remember that." He said and carried me on his back till we got to my room door.

"What goes into you sometimes?" I asked him as he let me down.

"You make me crazy." He said seriously looking in my eyes.

"What?" I asked confused but he didn't answer. He started leaning in slowly instead. It's happening again. What happened in the park is happening again. No Harry this time. I closed my eyes waiting for what will happen. I felt him leaning in closer and closer. I felt his hot breathes hitting my mouth until the doorbell rang making us break apart.

"It's probably El and Dani." I said shyly and went downstairs. I opened the door and it was them.

"I hate you." I whispered/shouted.

"I'm sorry that we're late. The traffic is crazy." Dani said.

"You couldn't be late more than that?" I said.

"Why? What's happening?" El asked.

"Zayn was about to kiss me." I whispered.

"What?" They both gasped.

"Yes. We were this close to kissing." I said.

"Hi girls." Zayn greeted El and Dani.

"Hey Zayn." They both chorused.

"How are you?" He asked.

"We're fine. How are you?" El said.

"I'm good." He said.

"Okay. Now if you excuse us we have to go." El said.

"Bye." Zayn said.

"Bye." We said and got out of the house.

"He wanted to kiss you?" Dani asked.

"Yes." I said getting in the car.

"We're sorry." El said.

"It's not your fault. I guess it wasn't meant to be." I said and Dani drove. We got to the beauty shop and got our makeup, nails and hair done. I curled my hair from the bottom and kept it straight above.(A/N:Picture on the side.) El's hair was a cute up do and Dani's was straight down. Our makeup was the regular Smokey eyes makeup. I looked at the clock and it was 6:30. There's still 1 hour and 30 minutes to the prom. Gahhh. I'm so excited.

"C'mon. We should go." Dani said and walked out of the shop. I followed her.

They drove me to Zayn's house. I knocked on the door but no one opened. I got the key that Zayn gave me from my purse. I opened the door and didn't see Zayn there. I shouted his name couple times but no one answered. I guess he's not home.

I went up to my room, unlocked the door, got in then relocked it. I changed into the dress and looked at the mirror. I loved how I looked tonight. I never wore so much make up. I sat on the bed and heard some songs waiting for Zayn to come. The second song I played was Kiss me - Ed Sheeran It reminded me about what happened between Zayn and I before I left the house and how much I wanted him to kiss me, to feel his tender lips on mine, to melt in our kiss. OUR kiss. I guess it's just not meant to be for now.

A/N: If you want to communicate with me on twitter, mine is 1D_ZM