Chapter 36: Meeting His Parents

"Are you ready?" Zayn asked me. We were standing right in front of his parents' house. It was 11 in the morning.

"I guess." I said nervously.

"They'll love you. Don't worry." He said and pecked my lips. I smiled weakly and he knocked on the door.

"I'll open." I heard a girly voice say. The door opened and I saw Zayn's youngest sister, Safaa. "Zayn, I missed you." She said when she saw him. His others sisters and parents came towards the door and I was getting more nervous than before.

"I missed you, too." He said and broke their hug. He looked at his mum who had tears in her eyes and hugged her. She kissed his forehead and smelled him. It must be really hard for her to be away from her only son.

"I missed you." His mum told him in a low voice and pulled back. She wiped her tears away.

"I missed you, too." He said and looked at me. "This is my girlfriend, Diana Smith." He introduced me.

"Hello. It's so nice to finally meet you." His mum said. I was going for a hand shake but she hugged me instead. "I'm Trisha and this is Yaser, Zayn's father." She said.

"Hello." He said and shook my hand. "Welcome to our family." He continued and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said politely.

"Zayn never stops talking about you when we see him." His younger sister, Waliyah said and I smiled at him.

"I'm Donya." His older sister said shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you." I said

"Let's go inside." His mum said and we did. I sat next to Zayn on a love seat, his 3 sisters sat on the big couch and his parents sat on a pair of small couches.

"Did you have breakfast yet?" His mum asked.

"No, we didn't." Zayn said and held my hand.

"Then we'll prepare it for you." She said and got up.

"Do you want me to help you?" I asked.

"No, honey. You're our guest." She told me and I smiled at her.

"Besides, I won't let you get away from me." Zayn said and I blushed.

"Awwwh! Love birds." Donya said.

"Go help your mum." Zayn told her and she did.

--------------------------------------------

"After that, Zayn went to his room and didn't come out for two whole days." His mum finished telling a story about Zayn's childhood. I laughed and looked at him. His face was red.

"Thank you mum for thoroughly embarrassing me. I appreciate it." Zayn said.

"My pleasure, dear." She said.

"You were a stubborn kid, Zayn Malik." I said in a low voice so only he could hear.

"Jerry the poppet." He whispered threateningly.

"Okay. I'll shut up." I said.

"Now, would you excuse me? I have to go to work." His dad said getting up.

"Bye, dad. Don't forget to bring me the bag I wanted." Safaa said.

"I won't. Bye." He said and went out of the kitchen. We finished breakfast and his mum started cleaning up.

"Please, let me do it." I told her.

"Yeah and I'd help her." Zayn said.

"No, you're--" She tried to say but I cut her off.