Had father not told her? Had he kept her in the dark about yet another thing?

"Je veux dire sérieusement, la façon dont elle a parlé à papa était incroyable!" She gushed over the icy blonde. To be honest, Sloane was a glass of cold water. She knew her opinion and she stuck by it.

(I mean seriously the way she talked to dad was amazing)

"Mom," I needed to tell her before she got heartbroken by him.

But before I could tell her—I heard him enter the room. "El, darling. The Governor of Texas's wife would love to have tea with you in the morning. Would you mind doing it for me?" His voice had a sweet tone to it but it was fake. His being nice was just an act—everything he did was just an act to benefit himself.

"Hold on, I'm on the phone with Blake." I heard him chuckle at her words. "Blake! You better start answering my phone calls! I called twice today!" His voice rang out through the room. I heard my mother shush him.

"Tu t'amuses bien ce soir ma chérie, je t'aime. Amenez-la autour," Before I could respond, the line went dead and I had one more reason to get absolutely shit faced tonight.

(You have a good time tonight my darling, I love you. Bring her around)

Bring her around? Bring Sloane back around? Knowing Sloane she would set the house that my father lived in on fire before stepping foot in his presence again.

I don't blame her though.

Shoving my phone into my back pocket, I threw a piece of gum in my mouth before exiting my room. I heard the boy's laughter and yelling from the bottom of the stairs as I winked at Reese.

"You know what? I've been thinking. Penn, your sister is pretty fucking hot and you know what maybe I made a misjudgment—" before he could continue talking, Penn had slapped Mitch upside the head.

"Off-limits. That goes for all of you horny bastards. I know how shitty we treat women," Reese blinked at Penn's words.

"You treat women shitty. Not me. You guys," He pointed at the three of us as we scoffed.

"Reese you literally have a different girl for breakfast lunch, and dinner. Don't start with that bullshit," I remind him as he flips me off. "The difference between me and you assholes is yeah—there are many but I take care of them. I cuddle them—I definitely don't get their names tattooed on me and I sure as hell wipe off my own cum, I don't make her wipe it off."

Shaking my head at his pointless defense, I grabbed the car keys.

"Who's driving tonight?" I asked as they all pointed towards me. I laughed before shaking my head. "Nope, no fucking way—freshman it's one of you two." I pointed back at them.

With no solution in sight, I sighed. "I'll drive there but I'm not driving home," They cheered knowing that in the end, I'd probably be the one driving home anyways.

Penn and Reese were the first ones to walk out of the house as Mitch and I followed suit. Clearing my throat, I made sure the two up ahead couldn't hear me. "He doesn't know?" I asked Mitch.

I watched as he shook his head, walking out into the night. Chuckling, I nodded. "He's gonna find out. Whether she tells him or someone else does. Christ, you have her name tattooed on you. Be a good friend," I patted him on the back as he nodded.

It wasn't the best advice I could give the freshman but at the moment I was so caught up in this mess called my life that it was the best that I could offer.

And so that leaves us till now.

I was tipsy but not wasted.

I was somewhat happy but not completely sad.