49. Comfort

I wake up still in the infirmary. Alli is next to me in my bed, sleeping soundly. I almost jump out of my skin when I turn to see Dylan staring at me.
"Hi," he whispers. I smile big and hold out my arms for him to come hug me. He hesitates for a second then hugs me gently.
"You won't hurt me buddy," I whisper to him. He squeezes harder and even though it does hurt I wouldn't dare tell him.
"How are you feeling?" He asks quietly when we move to a different bed so as not to wake Alli.
"I'm okay. Shouldn't you be in class?" I ask tugging on his somewhat wrinkled robes.
"They let me skip charms to come see you. I was worried. I haven't told mom and dad but I guess probably the school did," he tells me.
"Don't worry about me." I straighten out his hair and he rolls his eyes. "You get to class okay? Thank you so much for visiting me though, you made me feel better." I kiss his head and get one more hug before getting back over to Alli who's awake now.
"He's the best little brother," I say when I get back in bed. "You should probably get going to class too."
"I don't want to leave you," she says while sinking under the covers.
"I won't have you falling behind on classes, Alli. You can come see me after dinner."
"Fine," she says childishly which makes me smile. She gets up, gives me a kiss on my head, then heads out.
When I'm finally alone, I try to bring my knees up to my chest but my ribs hurt too bad so I just lay on my side and cover my head.
"Good morning Miss Fletcher, how are you feeling today?" Madam Pomfrey looks under my blanket. I look up at her and shrug. "Physically how are you feeling?"
"I'm pretty sore. I feel like a big walking bruise."
"And mentally?"
"I want to sleep for the rest of the year."
"As lovely as that sounds, I need you to sit up."
I sigh, wincing in pain as I do as she says. She gives me a nasty tasting potion that instantly makes the soreness go away.
"Does this mean I can go to class?" I ask her. She nods with a smile and I hop up and head to the Slytherin common room to change into my robes. I've already missed DATDA but if I hurry I can catch Charms. I quickly get my robes on and turn to see Mara's empty bed. My eyes linger on it for a moment.
I try to shake it off then run downstairs, out of the common room, and through the castle. I make it just in time for Charms. I'm almost late but since everyone knows what happened to me now I'm allowed to come in and take my seat without any issues.
I sit next to Daniel and smile at the way he brightens up just by looking at me. He grabs my hand softly and admires me while class goes on.
All day Daniel keeps close to me like a magnet. When it's time for us to part ways at potions he holds me so close it feels like we're one person.
"I don't want to let go," he says.
"I don't want to either." I squeeze tightly. He lets me go finally then gives me a kiss before watching me walk through the classroom door.

After classes that day I decide to just hang out with Scorpius and Albus and help them study for their potions exam. It's really shocking just how much they've changed in looks. Albus is looking more like James which is so freaky and Scorpius is so tall and handsome. I've heard that it's heartbreaking for some of these girls in their class that they're unavailable to them. The two of them are the strongest couple I've ever seen, including my own parents. They're so mature about their disagreements it's almost like they've never had one. I think back to before they knew they liked each other. They've grown so much emotionally as well as physically. I can't help but feel proud of them.
"Okay. Now list the ingredients for a shrinking solution, Albus," I say as I try not to tear up thinking about how much my boys have grown in just two years.

Before I know it I'm waking up on the couch in the common room with Albus laying his head on my lap and Scorpius leaning against my leg on the floor. They're both asleep so I gently wake them up and send them up to bed. Daniel is asleep in the chair by the couch so go I over and kiss him awake.
"Hmm?" He says sleepily.
"Let's go to bed," I whisper. He groans and puts his arm up for me to help him up. "You're a baby," I say laughing. He peaks at me with one eye and a sweet smile. I lead him up the stairs to the boy's dorms and we both climb into his bed quietly so we don't wake up his roommates. "Goodnight my love," I whisper.
"Goodnight my everything," he whispers back while pulling me in closer.