20. Camping

It's my job to wake the boys up this morning since it's so early the sun isn't up. I wake Albus by sweetly scratching his head and handing him a cup of water. He gets up, yawning then goes to the bathroom. While he's gone, I jump on James and sit on top of him. He groans then pulls me next to him. "Good morning," he says in a deep raspy voice.
"Good morning," I say kissing his neck. He makes a noise that sends an electric shock up my body. He pulls me closer and lets his hands travel down my body. "Time to get up," I whisper.
"Let's just stay here, they won't notice us missing," he says into my ear before kissing my neck.
"I wish." I guide his lips to my mouth and give him one last kiss before getting up. "Come on, James."
He groans again and I leave so he can get dressed.

When we finally get to the portkey it takes us right to our camping spot. Hermione and Fleur already have the tents up and their kids are hanging around by the lake. George's wife joined us right after we arrived with their kids. Later on in the day the rest of the Weasley family joined us, making me glad our tents are enchanted to be bigger on the inside than they look on the outside.
James took my hand and dragged me off while no one was looking. "Where are we going?" I ask him.
"I don't know, I just wanted to be alone with you. Sorry if this is too much, I know my family can be a lot."
"I enjoy your family actually they're pretty fun. Plus I like being with you." We find a little clearing where we can sit and look at the stars. I scoot close to him, my hand on his chest. "Shit you're so handsome," I can't help but say.
"You're so beautiful. Ellie?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you." He looks down at me, his eyes pleading that it's not too late to say it back.
"I love you, James." I smile and squeal a little when he pulls me onto his lap.
"I am so relieved to tell you. I tried to tell you a million times after you said it but my stupid mouth wasn't cooperating with my head and my heart," he tells me.
"I'm relieved you feel the same. I thought you were going to break up with me," I confess.
"What? Ellie, I am so sorry I made you feel that way. You make me so happy. Also I think Albus would disown me as his brother if we broke up."
I pull myself closer to his chest and take a breath of relief. Boys are so dumb. But I'm glad I have this dumb boy.

Since all the kids get to share tents, James has been sneaking into my bed with me to cuddle and fall asleep together. We keep it tame and only kiss sweetly since there's so many other people sleeping around us. The past couple nights have been so amazing sleeping in his arms. During the days he's usually hanging out with his cousins and I'm usually out exploring either on my own or sometimes Albus comes along so it's so nice to be together at night.
In his sleep, James tightens his grip on me and starts mumbling. It looks like he's having a nightmare so I nuzzle into his neck, whispering that everything is okay. His body relaxes, his lips lightly forming a sweet smile.
"I love you so much," he says in his sleep. "My Ellie," he mumbles. My heart goes wild.
In the morning I'm out helping Molly and Ginny with breakfast before everyone starts waking up. Molly tells me stories about her kids and Harry and all of the trouble they got into. I put my hand on her shoulder when she talks about Fred and George. Everyone misses Fred. I never got to meet him but I know I would've loved him as much as I love the rest of the Weasley family.
"Good morning you beautiful women," James says while coming over to help.
"Such a sweet boy," Molly says which gets a laugh out of both me and Ginny. "He is!" She defends her grandson.
"Your sweet boy gets into the same amount of trouble as Fred and George did, mum," Ginny tells her.
"He's just spirited," Molly says, hugging James.
"Yeah back off mum," James teases. "Besides, this one is there for every bit of the trouble," he rats me out.
"Don't drag her into this, you hooligan," Ginny says teasing him.
"You rat," I whisper to him. He gives me a wink that makes my heart stop for a beat.
"Hey, can Ellie and I take that muggle boat out on the lake?" James asks Ginny.
"Sure, but grab some breakfast first please!"
"Muggle boat?" I ask him.
"Yeah it's cool! You make it move by pushing your feet down on these little paddles," he explains to me. We quickly eat breakfast while the others are still waking up slowly then head out to the boat. "You get in, I'll push it into the water," he tells me.
I hop in the boat and admire his strong arms pushing the boat. He gets it in the water then hops into the boat as well. We paddle out to a spot that's beautifully surrounded by trees.
"It's so beautiful out here. I want to live here," I say with my head tilted back and my eyes closed.
"We'll build our own house here then, grow old by the lake together," James says with a smile in his voice.
"Sounds good to me." We sit there for a minute enjoying the quiet and the privacy. "You were talking in your sleep," I tell him.
"Anything juicy?"
"You said 'I love you so much my Ellie'. It was sweet."
"I was probably dreaming of you, I do often."
"You were having a nightmare before that."
"I have those often as well. Mostly about quidditch or getting hurt or... or Albus getting hurt again." I look over at him. A distant look in his eyes, his fists clenched. "I wanted to kill that guy," he finally says.
"You almost did," I tell him. I remember how much force James used that night. That guy just covered in blood. By the time we left him, he was hardly conscious. I told James to stop but I didn't actually care if he did.
"I'm sorry if I scared you that night," he finally says.
"You didn't. It's really bad but I almost just wanted you to do it. I wanted to kill him myself," I admit. He lays a hand on my shoulder. "Should we head back?"
"I'd rather take you to my island," he says with a devilish grin.
"Your island?"
"Yeah I discovered it a couple years back with Conor and Desmond. Wanna see?" When I nod, he starts paddling forward so I paddle with him. When we get to the little island, we plop down in the sand. I take off my shirt and shorts to lay out in the sun in my swimsuit. James does the same. "How are you so tan?" He asks stupidly.
"I'm half Guatemalan, I'm always at least a little brown."
"Ohhh! That's it. Your dad is Guatemalan then?"
"Yep! My mom's family is actually from Ireland. She is first generation American and so is my dad actually," I explain.
"Sorry if my question was rude then," he says but I shrug it off. Fletcher is my mom's maiden name. Dad didn't care so much about passing on his family name since he didn't get along well with his family. I explain this all to him. After a while, I flip over to my stomach and let the sun soak into my back side.
Feeling James's eyes on me, I peak over at him and he blushes. I smile, sitting up. "I forget sometimes that you've seen and touched my upper half," I tell him.
"I never forget that," he says unashamed. "I hate myself every single day for not letting it go further," he says grinning.
"You were sweet not to though. You were right, I wasn't ready. I think I still might not be. But I do love making out and I do love feeling each other's bodies."
"Whenever you are ready though..."
"James!" I hit his arm while he laughs, pulling me on top of him. "You know sometimes other girls at school look at me like I stole something from them. I know it's about you."
"Yeah well at least none of them come up and punch you," he says clearly talking about Daniel.
I lean down and kiss him. I shouldn't feel this way when I think about how strong and wild he looked when he was fighting Daniel but I can't help it. I want him. We kiss passionately for a while, his hands exploring more of my body. His strong arms lift me up and take me over to the boat where we get more intense. I wrap my legs around him and realize there's absolutely no one to interrupt us and how badly I want this.
After a while of us kissing, James stops. He looks in my eyes and sees that I'm disappointed. "Don't give me that look. You can't lose your virginity in a paddle boat."
"Why not?"
"Are you serious? Look, it'll happen but not here. I really want it to be perfect and romantic for you."
"You're so sweet," I say pushing his hair back. "Um, James you undid my top."
"Oh sorry! Old habits I guess," he says grinning at my glare. He takes a sneaky little look while I adjust my top which makes me smile at how bad it's killing us both to not just go at it. He hands me my clothes and once I'm done dressing we paddle back to the campsite.

Later that day all of the kids decide to do a bonfire which the adults help us do with magic. Victoire and Dominique decide to actually hang out with us instead of the adults so our group is a total of 13. The Weasley and Potter kids are so much fun. Hugo and Lilly are the youngest so I sit them between me and James to make sure they feel included. Lilly often rests her head on me when it starts getting later but refuses to go to bed. When it is bedtime, James throws Lilly over one shoulder and me over the other to carry us in the tent while we laugh uncontrollably. Life is so good right now. Everything feels so right.