23. Before Summer Ends

I wake up still in James's arms. Since we're outside, a little bird has perched up on the telescope staring at us. I start to sit up but feel James pull me back down.
"Nooo," he groans causing me to smile at how childish he sounds.
"We should really get inside, love" I tell him in a soothing voice. "I don't want your parents to wonder where we went off to."
"Fine!" He draws out the word like getting up is the biggest burden in the world. "I slept so well though, what about you?"
"I really did, too. Thank you so much for last night. It meant more than you'll ever know." I kiss his cheek then make my way down from the platform.
Once we get inside, we help clean up the sleeping situation in the living room. Scorpius and Albus are the last to wake up but before they do I take a picture of them cuddling. They're just so damn cute. After everyone is up, we all decide to cook breakfast for Harry and Ginny as a thanks for letting the party and the sleepover happen. When they come downstairs to their breakfast they look surprised but also so satisfied.
After we all eat breakfast Dylan and I need to go home so we give everyone hugs and thank Ginny and Harry for having us over then we're off to our fireplace using the floo network.

School starts in less than a week so Dad is taking me to Diagon Alley to get all of mine and Dylan's school supplies. We decide to surprise him with a rat as his companion for school. Since I already have an owl, we can just share her to send letters back home. On our way out from the bookstore I run head first into someone.
"Oh I'm so sorry!" I look up to see Daniel.
"Sorry, Ellie I should've been paying better attention," he says calmly.
"Hey is this one of your school friends? Didn't see you at the birthday party, I'm Ellie's dad how are you?" Dad smiles at Daniel who looks sad at the mention of the party.
"Dad this is Daniel. He's in Slytherin with me," I tell him. This is so uncomfortable.
"It's nice to meet you, sir. Ellie, happy late birthday. See you at school," Daniel says before rushing into the bookstore.
"Why wasn't he at your party?" Dad asks.
"Ready to go?" I ignore him, really hoping he takes the hint. When he doesn't move I sigh. "Him and James aren't exactly friends."
"Because of you?"
"Yes."
"Got it. Moving on then."
We start walking but I look back to see Daniel in the window looking through a book. He looks over to see me and we both snap our heads away from each other. A realization hits me that I ignore as hard as possible.
Now that we've got all of mine and Dylan's school things, Dad and I apparate home to a very tired mom.
Before summer ends I spend a lot of time with my parents and Amelia. I'm so excited that Dylan will be at school with me this time. It'll feel much less lonely when I get homesick. The night before we leave for school Dylan comes into my room with his new rat (he named it Butters).
"Hey! You excited for tomorrow?" I ask as he sits on my bed.
"Yeah. And nervous I guess."
"Totally normal. But the good news is that I'll be there too. I won't be in classes with you but you can always come find me if you need me," I tell him.
"Yeah that is nice to know. I can't believe you had to come here alone. Weren't you scared?"
"No," I lie. "I'm not scared of anything," another lie. He smiles and gives me a big hug then runs downstairs to his room. I am scared of a lot of things. James finding out that Daniel sent me this bracelet is one of those things.

A/N: sorry this chapter is so short but I really want to get them to Hogwarts lol. I hope this is enjoyable to read also to the few people who read this, just wanna let you know that I have some plans for this story but I'm probably going to do their 6th and 7th years in a different story so this one isn't 8 million parts long unless you all don't care about that. Okay bye!