8. A British Thanksgiving

It's been a week since the full moon and everything has gone back to normal. Rolland occasionally hangs out with us but he's found a group of Ravenclaws he enjoys being friends with and that makes me happy for him. Flick was sentenced to a year in Azkaban but he's mostly getting counseling and to help undo any brainwashing the Greyback clan did to him.
"Ellie! Hurry up!" I hear Albus yell from the common room.
I finish getting ready for whatever day Albus has planned for me and head down.
"Oh finally!" Scorpius jumps up and smiles at me. He looks so much like his father it's spooky.
"Okay where are we off to in such a rush?"
"Top secret! Can't tell you. Let's go!" Albus links arms with me on one side and Scorpius on the other. "Oh and you have to wear this," Albus adds apologetically. He takes out a blindfold and I roll my eyes before I let him put it on me.

After what feels like the longest walk ever, we stop and I feel different hands on my arms. Strong but gentle. James.
"James Potter you take this blindfold off of me and tell me what's going on," I demand.
"Alright but you have to be in a better mood than that," I hear the smile in his voice. I can't help but smile too and he says, "much better." James takes my blindfold off and I see nothing but his handsome face looking down at me. We're outside of a classroom.
"Well this is just classic isn't it? It's the weekend and now you wanna spend time in a classroom?" I tease him and he rolls his eyes.
"I really hope I got this right," he says before opening the door to reveal a huge table with the most delicious looking thanksgiving food I've ever seen spread out on the table. Desmond, Conor, Rolland, my Slytherin girls, and my Gryffindor girls are all surrounding the table with hopeful smiles.
"James! You guys! Oh my god what? You made me a thanksgiving?" I rush into the room and look at everything. "This looks amazing!" I spin around and hug James tightly.
"Everyone helped," James says. "I begged Mcgonagall to let us use this classroom too."
My eyes swell up with tears as I look around at everyone. "Thank you guys so much this is... this is truly the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me I can't believe this."
After a moment of gushing over all of my beautiful friends, Conor begs us to let him start eating so we all sit down and begin stacking our plates. Albus made the most amazing looking stuffing I've ever seen and Rolland made the tastiest macaroni and cheese ever. I love these kids so much. I can't believe they did this all for me.
Everyone is chowing down and I look over at James next to me who's struggling to decide what to eat next. "This might have to be our new tradition," he says and everyone agrees.
I lay my hand on his knee and he looks down at me. We smile at each other and I want more than anything to kiss him.

After we've all stuffed ourselves and cleaned up, I sneak James away for some alone time. "I can't believe you did this seriously."
"I would do anything for you, don't you know that by now?" He looks down at me with those blue eyes. "Besides this was so much fun. And Conor started a fire making the green bean casserole." I can't help but laugh so hard it hurts. "God you're so beautiful," he says to me.
My face flushes and my stomach fills with butterflies.
"James. Can we go to our spot? Or is that tainted now?"
"No way I'd let anything take that away from us. Let's go." He grabs my hand and I feel my heart pound.
Once we get there he pulls me into his lap again and I'm suddenly very aware that my breath might not smell so amazing right now.
"Oh I have food breath," I say putting a hand over my mouth.
"Don't be silly!" James blows his breath into my face and we laugh.
Our faces get closer and closer until the only thing with space between it is our lips. "Kiss me," I whisper.
"Finally," he whispers back. His lips feel so soft on mine. We can't stop kissing and he pulls me even closer. I feel his hands in my hair and I pull myself to face him with my whole body. Once we pull away I can almost hear my heart beat it's pounding so hard.
"Wow," we both say.
"That was even better than I thought it'd be," I say.
"My heart won't shut up."
"Mine either."
We both laugh, his hands still in my hair. I go in for another kiss, pleased that he's welcoming it completely. His lips start to wander to my jaw, then my neck.
"I could do this all day," he says. I know that I could too.
"Yeah but we should probably head back, it's starting to get dark out." I kiss his cheek and then his head and then his lips. "Thank you again. Seriously I can't wrap my head around how sweet that was."
James stands up and lifts me onto his back. "You deserve the world." James carries me the whole way, telling me funny stories about cooking thanksgiving dinner. "I don't want to send you back to the Slytherin common room," he whines when we reach the castle. "Can I please sneak you into the Gryffindor common room?"
"James I wouldn't even have anywhere to sleep."
"My bed!" He gives me a devilish grin.
"Oh no. Absolutely not!"
"Okay then we can make Conor sleep on the floor."
"James!"
"Okay I'll sleep on the floor!"
"James," I warn him with my tone. "Maybe sometime this week you can sneak me into the common room just to hang out but I'm not sleeping there." I kiss his disappointed face. "Don't be so silly."
"Fine." He fakes mad. We both smile and kiss goodnight. "Sleep well. Don't think I'm a sap but I miss you already."
"I miss you already, too." I kiss him again and finally go inside the common room. I do already miss him.
"Hey, Ellie!" Scorpius runs over to me, smiling. "Guess what? There's going to be a ball!" Scorpius shows me the announcement.
"Oh how fun! It's before Christmas break." I look over at a very nervous Scorpius. "Are you going to ask him?"
Before Scorpius can answer, Albus comes bounding up to us excitedly. "Did you see?"
"Yeah Scorpius just showed me. Are you thinking of asking anyone?"
"Uhhh. I don't know. I assume you'll be going with James? What about you, Scorpius?" We both look at Scorpius who looks like he's about to pass out.
"I'm very tired I must go to bed now goodnight," he rushes up the stairs out of sight.
"Uhhh okay." Albus looks over at me. "Any idea what that was about?"
"Mmm... no. Goodnight!" I run upstairs to my dorm and flop onto my bed. "Hey Alli! What's up?"
Alli Singh, one of the Slytherin girl I'm friends with comes and sits on my bed. "I had so much fun at the thanksgiving dinner. It was nice to spend some time with Desmond."
I raise my eyebrow and sit up. "Oh really? Desmond huh?" Alli smirks and rolls her eyes. I can't help but think that they'd look really amazing together.
"He's really handsome isn't he? I know you're close with him, maybe you could uhh see if he's interested in taking anyone to the ball?"
"Oh I'm so making sure he goes with you!" I giggle with her.