44. Year Six

On our way to platform nine and three quarters I think of how much fun my birthday party was. Desmond is the best at throwing parties. James kissed my cheek but Daniel didn't mind too much because he knows I'm totally all about him. It was a great night.
When we get to the platform I notice two aurors posted by the train. I almost forgot about having to find the Slytherin girl who's trying to help kill me.
Daniel swoops in for a hug when he sees me. Surprisingly he's with James who gives me a nice hug as well. Daniel let's James get me and Dylan on the train after we say bye to our parents and Amelia. Daniel hangs back to talk to my dad for a minute.
"The rest of the guys are already on the train," James tells me. He helps Dylan get to the compartment with Lilly, Hugo, and Annalise. I give Dylan a quick hug then follow James out.
"Why did Daniel stay back with my dad?"
"They just have some stuff to talk about I'm sure Daniel will tell you later." James grabs my hand while we squeeze past some first years. When we get to the compartment with Desmond, Conor, Albus, and Scorpius sitting inside James lets my hand go. Albus pats the spot between him and Scorpius. I squish between them and feel a rush of happiness.
"I'll be back," James said before closing the door then leaving.
"Where's he going?" I ask the guys.
"No idea," Conor says shrugging. "Him and Daniel have been a bit hush hush recently."
"Recently?"
"Yeah Daniel hung out with us the past couple days," Desmond tells me.
"Um. What?" I want to ask more questions but Alli finally finds us.
"There you all are! Where's the other two? Off fighting for Ellie's heart?" Alli says sarcastically before sitting between Conor and Desmond.
"We're here smart ass," James says before coming in with Daniel.
"We're going to go get our own compartment now. See you guys later!" Albus says with a big kiss on my head.
Daniel and James sandwich me between them. Daniel wraps his arm around my shoulder and I melt into him a little. James looks at us then out of the window when the train starts moving.
"So... did we all get our OWL results?" I look around.
Desmond smiles so big I know he's been dying to tell us. Desmond got almost all O's except for one E. Alli got all E's, Conor got mostly E's and some A's, James got mostly A's and one O. Daniel and I both got mostly O's and one A.
All the way back to Hogwarts we discuss our class load for this year. Daniel and I will be taking all of the same classes except he has one more free period since he's not taking potions. James will be in Potions with me though.

Finally we've arrived at Hogwarts and gotten settled into our dorms. Alli and I are walking arm and arm to the great hall when two Ravenclaw boys look us up and down and whistle at us.
"Ew," Alli says with a snarl.
"There's two nice boys," I say as we approach Desmond and Daniel. "Hi." I give Daniel a kiss.
"Anyone stand out to you yet?" Daniel asks as he puts his hand in mine and walks me to dinner.
"No. I would know her if I saw her. She had sort of a magnetic pull on me last time," I tell him.
"I've been keeping an eye out too. Just in case someone tries to sneak up on you," Alli tells me.
"My hero. I mean that seriously." I smile at her.
"Hey, guess who's been made quidditch captain!" James runs over to us.
"Conor?" I ask sarcastically.
"Very funny, really. I can't wait. Lilly is trying out this year too."
"You go easy on her James I'm serious don't be mean!" I point my finger at him.
"Yes mother," he says rolling his eyes.
"I made captain too!" Daniel tells us.
"I'm so proud of you!" I squeeze his hand.

After dinner Daniel, James, and I all linger in the hallway. The boys are talking about quidditch so I'm tuning them out when I catch a glimpse of a girl walking towards the forbidden forest. I think I see her turn back to look at me then she walks backwards into the darkness.
"Ellie?" Daniel grabs my arm. I didn't realize I was walking towards her again.
"What did you see?" James asks.
"There's a girl out there," I tell them.
"The girl who was at your house?" James asks.
"No. The girl who was in the common room. I think. I'm going to go see." James grabs my arm this time. "What are you doing?" I pull my arm away.
"You're not going in there at night without any of the aurors," he says.
"You're not my boss or my boyfriend."
"I am your boyfriend though and, Ellie, you cannot go in there right now. She's clearly baiting you, love," Daniel says with a gentle hand on my shoulder.
"I can't just do nothing." I glare at them.
"We can go tell Mcgonagall to make sure the aurors check out the forest tonight," Daniel says reasonably.
I cross my arms then shrug. "Fine." I let Daniel gently guide me away from where I was going and follow his and James's lead to Mcgonagall's office.

When I get back to my dorm I slam myself onto my bed and glare up at the ceiling. Alli isn't back yet so I just change and close the curtains around my bed so no one else talks to me tonight. Classes start tomorrow so I close my eyes to get some rest forgetting what comes with sleep at Hogwarts now.
You're a coward. You should have followed me. You let your boyfriends tell you what to do where to go who to be. The voice taunts me. There's only darkness.
I'm the coward? You won't even show me your face. I shoot back at her. Just me. Surround by darkness.
I could come kill you in your sleep you stupid girl.
Then do it. Come get me.
I wake up with a jump. Looking around at the darkness of the room I feel my heart beating out of my chest. Then something touches my leg. I throw off my covers, jumping and narrowly missing a strike from a white snake.
Stop. Go back to where you came from, I tell it. Something that turns my stomach and sends chills up my entire body happens. The snake listens. It slithers down from my bed and out of our dorm.
I run out to follow it. It takes me down the stairs but then disappears behind the couch by the fireplace.
They don't stand a chance against her, the snake says from underneath the couch then it quickly slithers out of the common room. I stand there with my arms crossed.
When I go back upstairs thankfully everyone is still asleep. I climb back in bed and try to get back to sleep.