5. A New Trouble

Now that my first week of classes is finally over, James and the guys are going to take me around the castle and show me their favorite spots. Hogwarts on the weekend is very casual. Everyone hangs out in their muggle clothes. Since it's a bit cold out, I grab James's sweater and throw it over my new Slytherin shirt. Once I head down to the common room, I see Albus and Scorpius playing a game of Wizard's chess.
"Hey boys!" I ruffle their hair and the swat me off.
"Off to hang out with your boyfriends?" Scorpius jokes
I laugh and watch as Albus makes his next move. "I have no idea how to play this but it looks so interesting," I tell them. Albus looks at me like I have two heads. "I'm just not as smart as you to understand it I guess." I wink at him and he blushes. Scorpius rolls his eyes and makes his move. "See you boys later, have fun!"
"You too!" They both shout, waving.
Heading down to the lake where I'm meeting with the guys, I accidentally run into a Ravenclaw boy. "Oh I'm so sorry!" I tell him.
"It's fine," he says looking very tired. "You're Ellie right? My name is Flick," he introduces himself.
"Yeah I'm Ellie! Nice to meet you. Sorry again for running right into you." Observing Flick, I notice he has solid black eyes and pale skin. His blond hair almost looks out of place on him.
"No problem. See you around," he says rushing off.

James and Conor are showing off for a group of girls by the lake when I join them. Desmond smiles and rolls his eyes. "They're unbearable at times," he tells me as I sit next to him.
"What's that you're reading?" I ask him and he shows me his book. "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," I read.
"Pretty interesting actually," he says. "Wanna borrow it when I'm done?"
"I'd love to thanks!" Resting my head back on the tree we're sitting under I feel someone looking at me. I look over at James and there he is intently staring at me. He quickly looks away, blushing a bit and then he and Conor join us. "You two done showing off?" I grin at them.
"For now," Conor replies. "You two nerds ready to go?"
Desmond and I nod and get up. James rushes to help me and I accept his hand. I half expect him to offer to help brush off my butt when I finally stand. Thankfully he doesn't embarrass me like that and the four of us head out to Hagrid's hut.
James sticks close to me as we walk over, occasionally bumping hands with mine and looking embarrassed for it. "I see I no longer have a sweater," he jokes and nudges me.
"It looks best on me anyway," I joke back. "Seriously though I can give it back if you'd like."
"No! No I like it on you better, too." He blushes again. "I just mean-" but before he can finish we see Hagrid waving us down from outside of his hut.
"Hello you three! Oh! I mean four then," he says when he sees me. "Hello young lady, Rubius Hagrid," he introduces himself.
This is the biggest man I've ever seen. "Hello! I'm Ellie, it's so nice to finally meet you. The guys have told me so much about you," I say making him gleam with pride.
Hagrid invites us in and makes us all some tea. While the guys all talk I find myself falling in love with Hagrid's dog Fang. Fang drools all over me and I kiss his head and pet his ears until he falls asleep halfway on my lap. "Sorry about him, he's a big oaf." Hagrid says while handing me a cup of tea.
"I'm used to big oafs don't you see those three over there?" I make Hagrid laugh so hard it shakes the hut. "Besides, he's much cuter than any of them." I take a sip of tea while the guys all throw little pieces of bread at me.
"Hagrid what do you know about Flick and Rolland those two fifth year Ravenclaw boys?" James asks.
"Well not much. They seem to keep to themselves mostly," Hagrid responds. "Why'd you ask?"
Conor and Desmond both roll their eyes and groan. James ignores them and continues, "I heard them planning something against me or maybe even Albus. I can't imagine anyone wanting to harm Albus so I'm just assuming it's about me."
This is the first I'm hearing of this so I listen intently. James goes on to describe what he heard on his way back to his dorm after he took me back to the Slytherin common room. After getting lightly scolded by Hagrid for being too much like his namesakes staying out so late, James presses on the issue.
"Sounds like these two need an eye kept on em," Hagrid finally says. "Just to be safe, I'll make sure professor Mcgonagall knows to have them checked out."