42. Visitor

Daniel left last night to go back home and Dylan came back home. My heart hurt watching him go but he'll be back for a my birthday party at the Potter house again this year.
Alli is coming over tomorrow since she got back from India yesterday. Right now I'm reading out by the pond while Dylan swims around.
"I think Annalise likes me," Dylan says while floating on his back in the water.
"Oh? What makes you think that?"
"Well she told Lilly she likes me and I accidentally heard her say it."
"Ohhh... Do you like her back?"
"Well I do think she's pretty. And smart. And she never makes me feel bad about how slow I am at learning new charms," he says while swimming over to where I am.
"That's all great Dylan, but that doesn't necessarily mean you like her like she likes you."
"I think I might though. She's bossier than Lilly and funnier than Hugo. I like that about her too."
"That's really nice. Should I ask Alli to bring her over tomorrow?"
"No! No, I'll just see her at your birthday party," he says a bit panicked. His first crush that's so sweet. "Isn't it weird to hang around with James now?"
"Not anymore. We have an understanding now."
"Do you still like him?"
"No I don't think so. I'll always have love for him but I'm with Daniel now and I really really like him."
"Do you love Daniel?"
"So many questions!"
"Sorry! Lilly says James still likes you."
I sigh and put down my book. "I don't think James wants Lilly telling anyone his business like that," I say seriously.
"I'm just repeating information," he says shrugging.
"Well don't, I don't need to know how James feels about me anymore okay? He broke up with me."
"I know. Lilly hates that he did. She likes you a lot."
I look over at him with a smile and an eye roll then get back to my book.

Alli and I are sitting in my room while she tells me all about her trip and shows me pictures.
"Oh who's that?" I ask pointing to a ridiculously handsome guy around our age, a little older maybe.
"That's my cousin Rodas. He's a year older than us."
"He's hot."
"Ellie eww!" She hits my shoulder while I laugh. "So speaking of hot guys, how was your time with Daniel?"
"Perfect! He's perfect it's ridiculous."
"Oh god I love you two together. Desmond does too but don't tell James." We both laugh.
"When do you get to see Desmond?"
"Next week! I can't wait. I miss his handsome face," Alli says laying back on my bed.
"Hi Alli!" Dylan comes in and sits on my floor.
"Hey Dyl! How's your summer going? Annalise told me to tell you hi."
"Oh she did? That's nice. Tell her hi from me. When you get home that is. Uh dinner is ready by the way. Okay um bye," he says awkwardly before leaving my room in a hurry.
Alli looks over at me while I'm stifling a laugh.
"What was that about?" She asks.
"They have a crush on each other."
"Awwww! That's her first crush how cute!"
"I know his too. He's being so awkward about it though." I shake my head then we head downstairs for dinner.

Alli is sound asleep next to me but I can't fall asleep for whatever reason. I decide to go downstairs for some water when I hear a weird rustling noise outside.
I get up from bed and look through my window to see someone in a hooded cloak looking out at the pond.
"Alli," I whisper but she's still asleep. "Alli!" I say a little louder.
"Hmm?" She mumbles.
"Someone is outside. They look like the people in my dreams," I say quietly. She sits up, rubbing her eyes. "What do we do?"
"Get your parents."
"No. I'm going to confront them," I say grabbing my wand then hurriedly running out of my room.
"Ellie!" Alli jumps up and runs after me.
I get to the back door and hesitate just for a second before opening the door and running outside. I'm standing a few feet away from the hooded person when I hear them speak to me.
You're a fool for coming to see me they say
You're a fool for coming to my home I tell them what do you want from me?
I've told you before
In my dreams?
Those are not dreams stupid girl. You're seeing visions of me.
Why am I seeing visions of you? I don't understand why you want to hurt my friends I don't understand why you want me dead.
They turn to me, face completely covered by darkness. Her hair is long and black and messy. Her nails are long and sharp. She raises her wand to me and Alli knocks me down just as a flash of green shoots past us.
"Ellie?" We hear my dad from the house. I look up to see the hooded girl apperate away. "Ellie, Alli!" My dad calls to us from the doorway.
We're both breathless on the ground hidden by the overgrown grass when he finds us.
"You spoke it again," Alli says in a whisper. "Parseltongue."
My dad looks from Alli to me, my hands shaking furiously. This wasn't a dream. I was actually face to face with the hooded figure.

My parents are standing quietly in my room while processing what Alli has just told them. I speak Parseltongue. I was almost killed tonight. They found me and know where I live.
"I'm calling Hermione, she needs to know someone is actively trying to kill Ellie and the Potter kids. This is no longer dreams this is full reality," Dad says while looking directly in my eyes. "You should have told me sooner about the Parseltongue."
"I thought it would go away. And it did."
"Clearly not. Elizabeth that was completely irresponsible."
"Please don't yell at her, not tonight," mom says defending me.
"She almost got herself and Alli killed!"
"Exactly she almost died tonight! We almost lost our daughter and Alli tonight! Let her process that before yelling, please." Mom rushes dad out of my room then brings both me and Alli into a tight hug. "I've informed your mom about tonight, Alli and she wants you home first thing tomorrow."
"What? No! I want to be with Ellie," Alli says with tears in her eyes.
"I'm sorry dear, but I would want Ellie home if the situation were reversed. I have to abide by your mother's wishes." Mom kisses both of our heads then rushes over to the window to lock it and close the curtains. "Get some sleep. I love you both."
When mom leaves I look over at Alli. "You saved my life."
"What was I supposed to do? Watch you die?"
"Alli I'm so sorry I put you in that position. I shouldn't have gone out there."
"It's okay I probably would have done the same." Alli grabs me into a hug. "You should tell Daniel and James though."
"Yeah I'll write to them right now." I sit at my desk and write up two similar letters informing both of the boys of what happened tonight then send both off with my owl.
When I get back into bed Alli holds her arms out and we fall asleep in a hug.