"Ae-Young...y-you have-

My mother's grip on my hand tightened, and she began to speak loudly. Though, she was speaking so fast, her sentences ran together and I could barely understand her. But I knew what she was trying to say.

She began to take shorter breaths, while she continued on, and I noticed tears forming in her eyes.

"Mum, no. It's okay, please don't worry-

I tried to calm her down, but she only got louder and louder. But unfortunately, she wasn't the loudest in the room. To the side of her, was a heart rate monitor, and it now began beeping like crazy.

I looked to my sister once, and she instantly knew what to do. She fled the room, in search of a doctor that was close. I looked back to my mother, seeing the distressed state she was in.

What killed me the most, wasn't the increasingly loud beeping noise, that the heart rate monitor only continued to emit. It wasn't my mother's panicked stated, and shaking body either. Nor was it the grasp my mother had on my hand, that now made my hand go numb.

No. What was worst of all, was that I was the reason for it all. It's my fault she's in pain, yet again. She was sleeping soundly, calmly, without worries. All until I came along.

I heard the doctor rush in, pulling me slightly back. I felt tears in my eyes, seeing my mother become even more distressed, knowing the doctor was asking me to leave. She was throwing a tantrum, one might say. But all I could do, was quietly back out of the room, and hope the doctors could help her once more.

Once I was out of the room, another doctor fled by, darting into the room. I turned to lean against the closest wall, and slid down it, so as to be sitting on the ground. I didn't care for what anyone else would be thinking, as I curled my knees into my chest, and cried into them.

"Hey, Ae-Young." I heard the voice of my sister say, above everything else. Her voice seemed to stand out, and soon I felt a soft touch on my hand. I looked up, seeing Jiyeon looking down at me. "It'll be okay."

"No, it won't." I replied, in a defeated tone. At this, Jiyeon sat down by my side. She said nothing, only wrapped her arms around me for comfort.

We stayed there for a minute or two, neither of us exchanging a word. I heard my mother's voice slowly get quieter and quieter, until I couldn't hear it at all.

"It's all my-

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." Jiyeon warned, slightly pulling back to meet my eyes. "You know why mum is so sensitive to this. It's as much her fault, as it is yours. You couldn't control what she saw, in the same way she couldn't control what had already happened. And you know she hasn't much control over how she reacts to....well, anything like that."

"I just feel like I should've been more careful." I whispered, seeing Jiyeon shake her head lightly. "Well, I don't see you giving our mother a panic attack over anything. So you don't know how horrible I'm feeling right now."

"Though, I'm scared I soon will." Jiyeon replied with a small sigh, her arms dropping to her side. I looked over to her, confused at what she was talking about. I noticed as she began to unwrap the bandage over her wrist, showing a very visible soulmate marking. "See?"

"I-I didn't...." I tried to say something, anything. But I just couldn't get the words to come out. "So we're both in the same boat."

"Yeah, I'm afraid so." Jiyeon stated, before a doctor quickly came near us, stopping any further conversation between us.

"Your mother will be fine. She's had something given to her, to minimize the rapid increase of her heart rate." The doctor began. "And we've put her to sleep for a while, just to be sure it can't spike again."