Chapter 19: One's Limit.

Start from the beginning

I found paper near the desk, an ink and a quill as well. "Right, Dear Lenard. I apologize that I am writing to you. It has already been too late. It was a surprise to me as well, but Vincent told me that I should stay by his home in the next two weeks while I work on the portrait I promised him before. Please do not worry for I am safe and well. I will see you when I find the time back home to you. Sincerely, Kein."

I waited for the ink to dry as I folded the letter once before sliding it inside the envelope. "Now at least my letter of apology is done. I should get this letter over to the hot butler I met before."

I stretched my arms up as I yawned. The sun is already setting up and I'm here with no sleep. Well, you know what they say.

I might as well start the day rather than going back to sleep because I'll end up feeling more horrible later that's for sure.

"Well time to see what kind of clothes they have here- oh hell no."

I opened the closet briefly and none of these will definitely fit someone like me. The closet was full of DRESSES! AND HEELS WITH VARIOUS VARIATIONS OF COLORS.

I have nothing against them, actually they're pretty amazing but not like other girls. Not me and my feet will bleed in these heels! "But then again..."

I looked through the corner of my room where I took off my old shoes.

It was really worn out now. I couldn't buy new ones because I know that Madelyn, the maid who constantly has been a jerk to me since day one when I became Kein would notice the change.

I couldn't risk it. I'm lucky enough none of them noticed that I have a [Storage Ring] in my finger, good thing I kept it well hidden enough. "Since I'm not anywhere near the mansion I could buy some new shoes sometime here. My old one would definitely break down soon so might as well."

I closed the closet, refusing to wear any dress or heels. I don't care if in this country it's standard for women to dress all fancy but I'm from another world where women can wear pants and feel comfortable in whatever clothes they wear. "Meaning I won't give a damn and get into dinner with the Duchess and Duke in pants."

I went ahead and left my room still wearing my clothes from yesterday but I just need to find Nigel aka the hot butler and ask for some pants suitable for my size. I found him near the dinner table sorting out napkins.

I came up to him a little anxious because he looked really busy but I have to suck it up and ask or else I'll have to wear a dress and heels. I don't want that at all. I managed to gather my courage and tugged a piece of his vest, "Um hi?"

That got Butler Nigel's attention, looked down at me and flashed his ever so handsome smile that can kill. "Yes, young miss Kein?"

"This is a little embarrassing Nigel but do you have pants that's about my size and a blouse? The clothes that Duchess Viviana put here were really beautiful but I don't think they're comfortable for someone like me." I told him rubbing my neck, somehow the tone was a little pleading but Nigel nodded in understanding.