Euphoria

Christiana Jones
Compton

"Let me know some do yall know god?" Pastor Carter said as he paced the stage and dabbed his wet sweaty forehead

"Let me know some do yall know god?" Pastor Carter said as he paced the stage and dabbed his wet sweaty forehead. a few people nodded others stood and clapped and declared their love for god including my parents and sister Alexia. Me? I sat their just listening never understood why we had to prove the love we have for god I'm pretty sure he knows.

"levantarse." my mom said as she pinched me and I mumbled under my breath I stood up and I smoothed my dress out and my papa winked at me and put his arm around me pulling me into a tight hug and I laughed.

"The god I know doesn't let his children suffer so when you think all hope is lost for your child you look up and tell god I put faith in you!" pastor carter screamed.

The service was over and we were now speaking to everyone in the church. my mom's courtesy's of course.

"that service was remarkable pastor." my mama said and he pulled her into a tight hug.

"thank you sister isys." he said and he looked at me and smiled.

"Christiana what grade are you in now?" he asked.

"I'm a junior this year pastor." I said.

"you should consider leading the youth church camp Hendrix misses you." he said

"yeah he's told me I just been busy." I said with a small smile.

"she has not next summer she will be here." my mom said while nudging me lightly and he laughed.

"look at you littlest j." he said caressing my sister cheek and she smiled ear to ear and I pulled her close and put my arms around her, his smile shifted into a frown.

"I should talk to reverend good speaking to you all." he said shaking my papa's hand and my mom looked at me.

"Christiana that is our pastor do you have to be rude to him every time we come here?" she semi yelled.

"you don't think it's weird how he's so perverted to the women and little kids here." I said and my papa sighed and my mom looked around in embarrassment.

"Alexia come with me." my papa said cowardly and Alexia took his hand without questions and they walked out of the church.

"Chris you can not make accusations like that it's dangerous." she said and I looked around and nodded.

"I understand I apologize mama." I said and she nodded and rubbed her hands through my curly hair and we walked to the car. later that day we played a couple board games and then my mom was off to making dinner it was the first day of school tomorrow and she wanted us to enjoy our last day of summer with our favorite meal.

I knocked on alexia's door gently.

"come in!" she shouted loud enough for me to hear her I smiled gently and walked inside her room and closed the door behind me she was sitting their at her desk and I stood over her she put her marker down and held the picture up so I can see.