32 | anything for you

18TH NOVEMBER

18TH NOVEMBER.
THUNDERVILLE CITY:
RIVERA'S HOUSE.

The sun had settled down and with each passing moment, the darkness began to fall. The wedding was almost over--all that was left was the speeches and the first dance. The guests made their way to the other side of the backyard where the tables were arranged.

Aphrodite eyes roamed around looking for that one person. Failing to find him, she made her way to Nora who was sitting on the main table and talking to someone who looked exactly like her. Aphrodite leaned down and tapped on her shoulders. Nora turned around with a smile on her face.

"Have you seen Lex?" She asked.

Nora shook her head. "I think I saw him go inside with Katherine." She smiled and turned back to whom Aphrodite assumed to be her sister.

Lex went inside with a girl by his side. She could be his cousin but the way Katherine smiled and battled her eyelashes--she was anyone but that. Aphrodite's heart rate escalated as she hurried into Rivera's mansion. Her eyes frantically searched around as she walked into the empty living room.

Then, she heard a giggle.

Aphrodite swallowed and took small strides as she followed the voice. She stood at the threshold of the kitchen to find Katherine standing on one side of the corner and Lex on the opposite. "I'm so happy that we met. I almost thought we never would."

Lex's expressions were unclear.

Aphrodite walked inside and stood a few steps beside Lex. Lex's gaze hardened as his eyes met hers. "Hey," she whispered but she wasn't sure to whom.

Katherine gave her a wide, soft grin. "Hey, I'm Katherine. You must be one of Lex's new friends."

"Yeah. Aphrodite Rose," Aphrodite introduced herself.

Katherine tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "Hm, Lex definitely has a type."

"Excuse me?" Aphrodite furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh. You don't know? Lex and I dated in high school. You know, the golden couple. The blondie popular girl and team captain boy kinda couple." Lex stiffened at Katherine's revelation. "But you know, we didn't click so it was an easy break up."

She tried to give Katherine the best of her smiles and turned back to Lex who had been watching them intensely. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Oh, um. I'll take the wine glasses outside. Can you get the ice later?" Katherine picked up a couple of glasses. Lex nodded at her and she walked away. He watched her walk outside and gazed back at the girl standing nervously in front of him.

"I, um--"

"Aphy..." Lex interrupted her. "I'm sorry about the outburst. I was stressed and I couldn't control what I was saying. I just...I need time. I can't deal with so many things at the same time. I need time to m--"