𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 06

Start from the beginning

"Spider boy?" 

"Are you okay!?" he asked, ignoring your somewhat-snarky comment.

You nodded, not able to choke out anymore words from the tears. He placed his hands on your shoulders, gently. You attempted to wipe away your tears, realizing you probably looked ridiculous. 

"I'm so sorry I couldn't come sooner, it's ju-"

You shook your head, "No, it's fine really... thank you, so much."

Your lips tugged into a small, comforting smile, hoping to ease his distress. The two of you looked down and noticed the items that were scattered on the floor. As you bent down, he did too and you both collected the products. Spider boy placed them in your arms and headed to the front to retrieve a basket for you. He walked back with the basket and helped you put the items in it. 

"Aw, thanks but you don't have to."

"No, no it's the least I could do." he replied, taking the basket from you.

Spider boy walked outside and you trailed behind him before he turned to face you.

"How far away is the caf- I mean, um... where to?"

"Well, I was hoping to get back in time for my shift but it's a couple minutes away."

You sighed, looking the distance. All of a sudden, you felt the basket in your hands

"Here, um... hold on tight." he awkwardly chuckled as he leaned closer to you, tightly wrapping an arm around your waist. 

You leaned even closer to him, realizing what he was about to do. With that, you felt a chilly breeze tousle your hair as he swung through the city. You were quite terrified and you buried your head into his chest. Before you knew it, he landed on the sidewalk, right in front of the café. 

Wait, how did he kn-

"So... see you around and uh, be safe."

"Oh yeah, and you too." you said, smiling, "Oh but, also, how did you know-"

"Yup! S-See you later!" 

With that he ran off, swinging across buildings in the opposite direction, leaving you on the sidewalk, dumbfounded.

"Hm... alrighty then."

You walked to the back with the basket and unlocked the door. With that, you made your way from the back rooms to the kitchen area, where Ava was hunching over the table with her face in her hands and Cora was leaning against a counter, tapping her fingers on the granite in an impatient manner.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, guys."

"It's fine... we're pretty much used to it by now." Cora said, smirking.

You jokingly rolled your eyes as you grabbed the supplies from the basket and placed them on the table. 

Ava examined the items and then look back to you with her bright smile, "Thanks, Y/N."

You nodded but soon noticed Cora was gazing at Ava as she smiled and tucked a stray, strawberry blonde strand of hair behind her ear. (lmfaoo why did i think of the debby ryan face while writing this part.) 

"Mhm... yeah I'll grab the bowls for you guys..." you said, trying to hid your smug smirk as you approached a cabinet that contained bowls... which happened to be right next Cora.

As you reached for the stack of bowls in the cabinet, you purposely bumped into her as hard as you could, causing her to bump right into Ava. You uttered a sarcastic 'whoops', knowing exactly what you had just done.

                                              *Third Person POV*

Ava's arms had instinctively wrapped around Cora's waist. The long haired, blonde girl and the short haired, brunette girl looked at each other, their faces inches apart. Ava had been gazing into Cora's dark blue eyes before she looked up, noticing Y/N's smirk. Ava immediately felt herself become increasingly red. Cora stood up, leaving the blonde girl's grasp as she realized that it was getting awkward.

"Sorry... Ava..." Cora said as she approached Y/N to retrieve the bowls from her hands.

As she got the bowls, she flashed Y/N a glare of disapproval. Y/N's smirk didn't falter, however. 

                                               *First Person POV*

I watched as Cora placed the bowls on the table and bent down to grab some mixing utensils from the cabinet in the island. Ava just stood there, looking completely dumbfounded, before she grabbed the cake mix box and began to work on the cake part for the desserts.

I decided to leave the kitchen area to lock up... well to be honest, that isn't the main reason... if you know what I mean ;). Walking to the back rooms, I hung up my green apron and grabbed my backpack from the locker. 

My work here is done

I thought to myself as I stepped into Autumn's chilly night, snuggling into my hoodie as a breeze blew past me.

                                                       *Ava's POV*

The tension in the room was thick, especially after Y/N had left. Cora was acting different now. Usually, when we worked together in the kitchen, the room would be filled with Cora's jokes and melodious laughter. But now, she hadn't even uttered a word since the... incident. 

As Cora was leaning against the counters, waiting for the cake mix in the oven, I absent-mindedly started to admire her appearance. She had dark, shoulder-length hair that she kept behind her pierced ears. She's tall too, 5'8 to be exact, which can come in handy when a 5'3 girl like myself needs to get something from a high shelf. Ever since we had become friends when we were little, people had always described us as polar-opposites. Cora was more intimidating, talkative and sarcastic while I was meek, shy and friendly. She was always into black nail polish and adores rock bands while I am more into nature and is more of a folk/indie music kind of gal.

Cora must have noticed my staring because we suddenly made eye contact. She instantly looked away, but I noticed that a faint blush had appeared on her face. I soon looked away as well, not trying to weird her out. The oven dinged and we both looked over to see that the cake part of the cake pops were baked.

A/N: yayyyy finally done with this chapter! srry it took me forever. I thought i posted it but then i realized that i hadn't even finished it lmao

anyways hope u enjoyed the little mini romance that i may or may not have just came up with last second LMAO-

ok bye my beloved readers <3