Chapter 14-Why Is Freed So Weird?!

Koneko: The following is a non-profit, fan-based piece of fiction. HighschoolDxD is owned by Funimation and Ichiei Ishibumi. Please support the official release.

(Roll intro)

Y/N sighed in frustration as he watched his teacher ramble on about polynomials or something else he didn't understand. It was the next day, he was supposed to meet Saji after school and discuss his incredibly reckless plan, but that's not why he was frustrated.

Ever since he saw Riser's flame mode he had been amazed by it. The concept of pulling from your own magic container and turning it into such raw power was astounding to the young teen, especially since his techniques combined with that kind of power might finally let him catch up to the others. But...

He couldn't come up with anything

Not a name, a design, and he didn't even know where to begin when it came to forming the magic. He needed someone more masterful in magic than himself, but who?

Suddenly his phone buzzed, telling him he had received a message. When the teacher turned her back he pulled it out and saw a text from Akeno. She was still coming over every other weekend or so to watch Naruto since she had actually taken a liking to it, so she would occasionally ask him questions about the show whenever they popped into her head, like now for instance.

Akeno: Since Kisame's sword has a mouth, can he use it too... ya'know...

Y/N:  ...Yes

Y/N sighed and was about to put his phone away, but then a lightbulb went off in his head. Akeno was the best magic-user he knew, during their training she could run circles around him with her laser-accurate bolts of lighting, and her new "Indra's Gloves" that he'd had a part in inspiring were able to give her the upper hand in hand-to-hand combat as well. Getting her help right now would be for the best.

Y/N: Hey, you wanna go do something?

Akeno, Y/N L/N, are you asking me to skip school~?

Y/N: In, theory... yes! Class ends in a few minutes then it's lunch, I'll pick up a pizza and we can meet at my apartment since I actually have something I want to ask you. Sounds good?

Akeno: That sounds lovely Mr.L/N~ See you then~ <3

*RING*

Y/N got up as the bell rang, rushing out of his class and quickly making his way to the local pizza place.

~Line-break~

Y/N stepped into his apartment with a box of pizza in his hands, he looked around his home and couldn't see Akeno, but the door leading to his bedroom was shut, and he's left it open, so she might be there. Hesitantly walking to the door he prepared himself for an intruder... just in case.

When he opened the door he found Akeno standing over his desk with his laptop in hand. His eyes widened as he realized she was listening to the new song he'd made with Shinpuru. He decided to just lean against the door and listen to it himself, enjoying the flow and melodies.

When the song ended Y/N knocked on the frame of the door and got Akeno's

Attention, the raven-haired girl turned to the left and saw Y/N with their lunch in his hands, she smiled and walked up to him, taking the pizza box from him, "New song?" She asked as they moved over to his bed and sat down.