King Yan really knew a lot of things. He had been aware of these news for several months, but he was very busy and Xu Ran was also very busy. Plus, this was not good news, so King Yan had never told him. 

However, Xu Ran was not a childe after all. He was not that weak. If he asked, King Yan would still say it.

King Yan cleared his throat and said, "I'm familiar with Xu Village, but I'm not sure what the situation is there. I only discovered in my letter that the time's epidemic had spread to Xu Village. According to what I've heard, a large number of people died in the village. I'm not sure if your friends and family members are safe."

Xu Ran looked solemn, and then thought about the preparations they had made when they left. He felt a little relieved.

He said, "We were worried that the plague might spread to Xu Village before we left, so Lu Qi left a plague prescription and they sought a spot to dwell on the mountain. They should be fine as long as there isn't a bloodbath."

Xu ran was more like to say to himself, to let him believe that Zhuo Yun and the others were fine.

After hearing this, King Yan said, "I have faith in Lu Qi's medical abilities. It's all because of his father. You also mentioned that they located a location to hide on the mountain before you departed. Your buddies should be alright as long as they have enough food to withstand the plague. Regarding the letter you wrote previously, I don't believe it was ever delivered to your friend. You'll have to come up with a new one."

Xu Ran nodded. "That was my thought as well. We didn't dare to say we were coming for you when we arrived. We just stated that we were searching for Tongtong's brother. They have no idea about the details of our trip to Yanzhou. Even if they wanted to, they presumably had no idea who they could write to."

King Yan said, "If that's the case, you should compose a new one, or a couple more, and deliver them separately. They will always be able to receive one. By the way, you can inquire about it with Lu Qi. If he has acquaintances in the area, they can visit your friends in Xu Village."

After a brief moment of reflection, Xu Ran realized that all he knew was Mr. Hu's village chief and Du Xin's family. He wasn't sure if the village chief was still alive after all these years. Xu Ran was not interested in bothering Du Xin. He didn't know if Du Xin had personally contacted his family.

Xu Ran said, "Well, let me ask him! I will continue to write, and I hope God keeps them safe."

King Yan didn't answer because he didn't know what to say. After all, this kind of thing was not his decision. Natural and man-made disasters.

In King Yan's residence, Xu Ran penned three letters. He delivered them to Yan Chuan and urged him to help him find someone to deliver them to Xu Village because they were all the same. Not only Zhuo Yun, but also Wu Mei and her family were affected. 

These names hadn't been uttered in a long time, and he suddenly mourned the strawberry fields, home's orchards, and the dogs he'd raised for so many years.

Xu Ran became emotional out of nowhere. Xu Ran pushed the door wide and walked out with a sour expression on his face. It was only then that he saw that it was raining lightly outside. He suddenly realized why he was sad. It was due to the rain. 

He could only wait for the corn to dry now that it had been properly managed. Because he missed Liu Tong, Xu Ran did not stay in the mansion any longer and returned home in the rain. Xu Ran patted his chest and gazed out the window as he walked. With emotion, he sighed.

Xu Ran didn't tell Liu Tong about Xu Village, but when they slept at night, Liu Tong mentioned it himself.

"Ran, have you received Zhuo Yun's reply? It has been so long, and there should be some news."