Every year, a copper coin must be found in the dumpings, and everyone's favorite dumplings were also available. Xu Ran, who was standing at the door, smiled as he saw Liu Tong's bustling figure. It was the same way back then, with everyday duties and a home.

______

Xu Ran and the others did not go out to visit other families on the first day of the New Year, instead staying at home. Perhaps their laughter was too loud, as it drew the attention of the children from nearby households. Xu Ran requested that Baozi invite the two of them to play together. Adults gradually joined the fun, in addition to the children.

Xu Ran felt embarrassed to play with the kids after seeing the grownups arrive. He requested Liu Tong to take sweet potato seeds, candy, and pastries out of the refrigerator and place them on the stove while he chatted with them in the yard.

Communication is the foundation of friendship. The neighbors will have no feelings if they do not interact with one another. People who had never met before became close friends after sitting in the Xu Ran family's courtyard and chatting.

The majority of the visitors were Ge'ers. Xu Ran decided that getting involved was inappropriate, so he asked Liu Tong and Shao Yu to serve them. These two folks had a familiarity about them and were easy to talk to; also, they were from the south and could tell us a lot of things we didn't know. Then, very subtly, they became the center of attention.

Behind them, Xu Ran hugged his arms and smiled. Liu Tong has changed a lot in the last few years. He was cautious at first, but as time went on, he began to joke, dispute, and even mock him. It was a significant step forward. He liked the Tongtong now more than the Liu Tong back then, who used to think about others first. This was all because of him.

"Hey!" A group of Ge'ers are chatting, why are you smiling here?"

The voice in his ear made Xu Ran immediately turn his head. He found that the person who came was Liu Yu and he was looking at him with a look of disdain. Xu Ran became unhappy and asked, "Why are you here?"

Hugging his arms like Xu Ran did, Liu Yu said,"Why can't I come? You didn't write that I couldn't enter your house!"

Xu Ran really wanted to hang a sign at the door on which wrote that Liu Yu and dogs couldn't enter.

Seeing that Xu Ran getting angry, Liu Yu put down his arms and put a hand on Xu Ran's shoulder, asking him, "Hey! You're angry! Don't be so petty! I'm just joking with you."

Xu Ran pushed the hand on his shoulder away and replied, "I'm not angry and I just think if I should hang a brand."

Liu Yu asked curiously, "What brand?"

Looking at him, Xu Ran answered seriously, "Liu Yu and the dog can't enter the house, what do you think of it?"

When Liu Yu heard Xu Ran's words, his face changed immediately and said angrily, "Hey, you can't really hang up? I'm just joking with you. You're really so petty."

Seeing Liu Yu's wrinkled face, Xu Ran couldn't help laughing.

Seeing Xu Ran smile, Liu Yu knew that he was teased, and became more dissatisfied.

Xu Ran smiled for a while and then said, "You can joke with me, then why can't I? You are the one who started messing with me."

Nothing came out of Liu Yu's mouth. After all, Xu Ran was stating the facts. He first came to provoke Xu Ran. If he wanted to point the finger at someone, he just had himself to blame! Even in jest, he was inferior to Xu Ran.

Then Xu Ran asked Liu Yu, "Tell me, why are you coming here? I don't believe you just came to chat with me." Xu Ran knew that Liu Yu didn't like him very much.