Chapter 56

"Oh my goodness! I'm so happy for you Li." Crown Princess Lian Yu exclaimed in glee.

Lady Yuan Li could only smile in response.

"Have you and Zhong thought of any names for the child?"

The Lady shook her head, "Not at the moment, Zhong wants to wait until the child is born so we can pick the one that fits most."

"That's expected of him." Her brother didn't like to think ahead concerning things like this, because he didn't want to assume anything.

Yuan Li then turned her attention to the sight beyond the doors of the courtyard. "Spring is here."

The Crown Princess was also looking the same direction. "Would you like to take a stroll around the palace?" She asked as she stood.

The pregnant woman came to her feet as well, "Of course,"

As Lian Zhong walked to the other end of the training grounds to fetch water, Crown Prince Xin Hua quickly came up behind to join him. "Lian Zhong,"

Hearing his in-law's voice, he stopped in his tracks for the royal to catch up and once he did, they continued walking. "Yes, Your Highness."

A short sigh, Xin Hua spoke. "I'm sorry about everything I did,"

The Clan Leader and Commander's brow raised, seeing that the Crown Prince was apologizing a second time. "There is no need to say it again, Your Highness. I've already forgiven you."

"I know, I just...wanted to say it." a half smile. "But I do want you to know, for the second time, that I will fulfill my role as her husband to never leave her lonely or in a state of woe."

Lian Zhong knew the exact meaning behind those words and he almost couldn't believe it. "I shall take Your Highness's word."

Nodding at his approval, Xin Hua exhaled heavily causing the man drinking water to raise his brow again. Sealing the pouch of water, he questioned the royal. "Is there something wrong, Your Highness?"

A frowned smile, the Crown Prince looked at the man before him. "I'm just glad I was able to relieve my past actions." It certainly ate away at him, and by apologizing again, he was now able to rest assured.

"Just please," he paused. "Make my sister happy so that she will never have to shed tears in silence." The Commander felt hesitant saying such as it wasn't common that he would express concerns for himself or anyone. He only ever did so in silence or alone.

"I've already promised."

Later that day as Crown Prince Xin Hua left the training grounds to return to the Vermillion Palace, he watched as flocks of birds flew in the sky as the sun set. Spring is here. Ever since their return, he hasn't had much of a chance to really see Lian Yu. This was due to him being busy with the affairs of his kingdom, sending messages to the other kingdoms, and looking into matters concerning the divine tree's health.

Then, he was able to hear a few familiar voices as he continued forward. Turning the corner, he was met with Crown Princess Lian Yu and Lady Yuan Li who were just up ahead conversing with one another. He stopped and simply watched as the two women stood in place.

They spoke for a short while before Clan Leader Lian Zhong appeared and came to his wife's side. Exchanging a few words, the married pair bowed to the Crown Princess as they then took their leave to return to the Lian Manor.

Now that she stood alone, Xin Hua saw that her gaze never once left them as they got further and further away. It were as though she wanted them to stay just a second longer. Slowly, his feet moved towards her and once he reached the woman, her attention came to him.