Chapter 52

Arriving to the Sui Kingdom, was a carriage along with a small troop of soldiers. Leading them, was Clan Leader and General Ru Yan and Yuan Shan. Although Clan Leader Yuan Qi was supposed to come, he was unable to as he was now left with the duty to watch over the divine tree and help settle matters on behalf of King Xin Chao with the other kingdoms. This left him to send his son instead, to gain the knowledge he would need as the the next clan leader.

In the hall where the throne resided, the Clan Leader and Yuan Shan bowed to the king. "Greetings, Your Majesty." speaking in union.

"Please rise," Han Zhaohui asked of them as he stood.

Standing straight, they looked to him. Returning the gesture, Han Zhaohui remained in that position until his words were finished. "I apologize for everything that has happened, and shall take full responsibility of the damage that has fallen upon your kingdom."

The General simply nodded, "I believe my king will be tending to such matters shortly. However, I must ask Your Majesty if those of my kingdom are doing well."

"Yes, they are." Coming down the stairs. "I shall personally escort the two of you there."

Laying in bed, Crown Princess Lian Yu simply did so without any reason other than to just lay down. This allowed her mind to take in the peace and the fact that nothing will harm her. Turning to her left where the window of the guest quarters remained open, she could see in the distance, the snow becoming less and less.

"Winter will soon come to an end."

It was as she spoke in her mind, that a person announced themself at her doors. "Lian Yu," it was Crown Prince Xin Hua. "May I enter?" asking of her.

She could tell there was a hint of shyness in his voice. "Please do," permitting his entrance.

The doors sliding open and shut, his steps were relaxed and not rushed or slow in any way. Xin Hua felt awkward as well since he wasn't sure of what it is they should talk or go on about. It were as though he had lost all the topics of conversations in the world along with his voice.

Already up and away from her bed where she laid, Crown Princess Lian Yu sat at the couch awaiting him. She too, felt awkward seeing that him visiting her was quite out of the blue because before everything that has happened, he never once paid her a visit of his own accord. Sober, that is.

Sitting across from her, Lian Yu noticed that he was holding something in his hand, but not able to tell since it was hidden within the palm of his hand.

"....How are you doing?" he asked her.

Her brow jerked at his question, causing a smile. "I am doing well, and you?" retuning the question.

"I am also doing well," the air became awkward once more. As a matter of fact, it was his answer that seemed to have made it so.

His gaze was lowered, not daring to meet hers. The same lied with Lian Yu, as her eyes would shift to and away from him from time to time.

"I actually brought you something," suddenly speaking. This startled her as she turned to look at his hands unraveling what was hidden.

Outstretching his hand that held a red pouch that contained it, Lian Yu took it into her grasp. She smiled at him, "Thank you." This made his expression so as well.

Opening the pouch, an unexpected visitor spoke, gaining her attention. "Crown Princess Lian Yu, there are some guests who would like to see you." It was King Han Zhaohui.

Closing the pouch, she placed it into her sleeve pocket as she stood along with Xin Hua. "Please enter," she spoke.

Coming in, the door shut behind them. Before she could see who it is, Lian Yu and Xin Hua both bowed at the presence of the king. And once their eyes came to, joy filled them. "Shan, Clan Leader Ru Yan." her voice was delightful.

Coming forward, Yuan Shan bowed at the two before his childhood friend could take him into her arms. He was taken back for a seconds but eventually settled. "It's nice seeing you," she told him.

Yuan Shan chuckled with arms coming around but not touching her. "It is also nice to see you."

Clan Leader Ru Yuan couldn't help but to smile at the two's reunion. Seeing the start of their life till now, he knew that every meeting the children of the Three Great Noble Clans will always be great. The bond they all held was special.

Releasing him from her hold, Crown Prince Xin Hua awkwardly cleared his throat as he greeted them. "Greetings, Yuan Shan and General Ru Yan."

"Your Highness, is your condition alright?" he was aware of the wound he held.

"Yes, it's almost as if I was never impaled at all. And despite being poisoned, I guess there wasn't too much in my system to kill me." assuring him.

But this made the Crown Princess's eyes lower.

It was now night as Crown Princess Lian Yu sat alone on the porch with freshly brewed tea by her side. She wanted to watch the stars that seemed to have finally returned after their long absence. And although the quarters she was given is reserved for guests, the layout of the room and the courtyard was still a pleasing sight to one's eyes despite its simple design. One thing she especially liked, were the plum blossoms that loitered the yard.

But, it was just as she was admiring the plum blossoms that she was reminded of the the gift Xin Hua had given her earlier. Reaching into her sleeve pocket, she opened the pouch. A closer look, immediately she was able to tell that it was likely made by an amateur considering that the stitching was quite a mess. Seeing so made her laugh with indescribable joy as she began to imagine him struggling to even get the thread through a needle.

Reaching inside for the contents, she pulled it out and her lips gaped in wonder. It was a small bundle of hair that had been braided and tied together with a red ribbon to make a bracelet. She immediately knew what it was as a blush came over her cheeks and heart beating at a faster rate.

Quickly, she put it back into the safety of the red pouch and held it close. The smile on her face also couldn't seem to fade away as she began to laugh to herself like a child.

Usually, it is the woman that gives such a gift. To have one's hair from their significant other or lover meant that they were deeply in love with them and their commitment, promised.
.
.
.

A Flower Without Rainजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें