Chapter 40

Time was running out and with the first snow already here, Lian Yu couldn't sit back and watch everything unfold. Leaving the premises of her prison, she did so with quiet steps as to not bring attention to herself especially since it was the middle of the night. Where she was headed to, was a sacred place reserved for only one person every generation. 

Reaching the grand entrance, it was revealed to be the Plum Palace of the Crown Princess. Here amongst the palace grounds, is where Her Divine Goddess Daiyu is said to have laid to rest. Looking around, she made sure there was no one else before she then pushed the gates and entered.

Before, she had entered, Lian Yu was quite hesitant since she knew of each of the kingdom's customs.

As she walked along the pavement, she saw the many plum blossoms that were beginning to bloom. They only did so in the winter. The layout and design of the palace was similar to the Peach Palace as well but held a different aura.

It also reminded her of the history concerning the 63rd Crown Princess, Ha Lee who was given a second chance to live in another's body. With this, she was able to learn the tragedy behind her death and the monstrosities.

Then, her steps came to a stop once she reached her destination. Before her, was the Spring's Fall where plum blossoms rained down the waterfall. Another thing that seemed to make this place different from the rest of the Sui palace, was that despite the other areas that contained ponds and such, this place never froze in the winter, and has always been that way.

Approaching the Spring's Fall, it was that same feeling she had when she first laid eyes on the divine peach tree of her Peach Palace. Like a force reeling her in, she moved without a thought as if something was calling her.

Now before it, Lian Yu gulped as she then stepped foot into the cold waters and shivered. She could feel her blood racing faster and faster. "Your Divine Goddess Xifeng is also here along with Her Divine Goddess Daiyu." How she knew of their presence, it wasn't known.

Moving forward, she shut her eyes as she passed through the waterfall that came pouring down on her.

The very next day, it was evening as Lian Yu had already plucked all the leaves from the plant beneath the floor board of her bed frame. Grinding them, she began to wonder if her family was alright.

When she was approached by Xue to leave with him, she did so without a second thought. This was especially because she was concerned about the safety of those around her, and that in the process of Crown Prince Han Yinjie trying to obtain her, everyone would get hurt or even loose their lives for her sake.

Finished, she stored everything in their respective containers and hid them. As for the plant she had been growing, she got rid of any evidence that it had ever been there along with its existence. She couldn't allow the properties it held to be abused by another.

Getting ready for bed, Lian Yu suddenly recalled the expression Xin Hua made when she left that night. The look he held was something she couldn't even imagine ever being present on his face. She always saw him as a headstrong individual who didn't want anyone to think he was vulnerable like a general on the battlefield. However, that image stuck with her, and remembering it caused her chest to tighten as the feeling of being pierced by needles were also present.

Laying down and pulling the blanket over her, she curled her body as her thoughts raced. "I wonder......was it because of you that the darkness that once engulfed me faded away?"
.
.
.