Chapter 33

"With all the information we've acquired so far, I believe it is time we set out to bring back Crown Princess Lian Yu." spoke King Xin Chao.

Crown Prince Xin Hua and the Three Great Noble Clan Leaders nodded in agreement along with their sons; although Lian Zhong was the only one not present. Not everyone knew about the situation at hand as this concerned only those who were tied to the divine tree. If anyone else were to know about it, they would have to be deemed a trustworthy individual by all.

"We must think this through more before we should, Your Majesty." spoke Clan Leader Yuan Qi in disagreement. "If one were to rush into battle without a strategy, would they win? We must know the real truth behind everything first as it would be reckless."

King Xin Chao sighed heavily, "You're right," he was being impatient because of everything, especially with the death of his daughter. He just wanted everything to end. "Clan Leader Ru Yan, be sure to send more guards to patrol the Peach Palace and Clan Leader Lian Gen," his eyes lingered on him. "You know what to do." He must tend to the tree.

"Yes, Your Majesty." the two men bowed at his words.

All those present, held bags beneath their eyes. These past weeks since Crown Princess Lian Yu's taking, they have been detaining imposters amongst the grounds, and the numbers were far greater than they had imagined. Just how many men, worked for Crown Prince Han Yinjie of the Sui Kingdom? And why was he going against the Four Kingdoms?

"But these men know nothing beyond being 'free from this curse.'" Xin Hua recited their exact words.

Clan Leader Yuan Qi agreed with his words. "Exactly, Your Highness. If we want to know the truth we need to stop focusing on making these men speak and instead lure out those who walk beside Crown Prince Han Yinjie."

The king nodded, "Clan Leader Li-"

The doors suddenly opened, revealing Prince Ren Huiliang. He was not invited whatsoever to this meeting and how he knew there was one, they did not know.

A brow raising, the Crown Prince looked at his friend in bewilderment and as did the others. "What brings you here, Prince Ren Huiliang?" asked the king.

Clearing his throat, the foreign prince simply rolled his wheel chair away from the door. "While you were busy capturing and questioning those men, I took it upon myself to investigate a pair of men with the help of Commander Lian Zhong." he stated his reason.

The sounds of grunting and heavy steps came into ear, as if they were fighting. Once at the doors, they saw that it was Lian Zhong with a few of his men who dragged two individuals here. These individuals, were none other than Ye and Kang.

"These are the men responsible for Lady Yuan Li's kidnapping."

Knowing of how there could be an order in ranks for this scheme, Ren Huiliang questioned Lian Zhong, who had been doing some digging himself. The two then decided to join hands and with the help of Yuan Li, they were able to get the information they needed to find them.

Getting out of his seat, Xin Hua came to the men with haste. "Your Highness, what are you doing?" questioned Ru Mingyu as he passed by.

Despite the obvious tiredness present on his face, the Crown Prince still mustered enough strength to grab one of the men and nearly lifting him off the ground. "What do you plan to do with her?" The man he held, Kang, seemed to snicker. "Answer me!"

King Xin Chao rose from his seat, alarmed by the sudden projection of his voice. "Hua!" he shouted his son's name as a way to have him calm down.

Trying to contain his anger, he then dropped the man as he hit the floorboard. Those eyes of his turned into a menacing glare and voice turning into a growl. "Speak."

A short smile, Kang then broke into laughter, making everyone in the room look to him in confusion. His partner, Ye, paid no mind. "Plan? Don't make me laugh again." That laugh of his only became more and more sinister. "The Sui Kingdom will bring salvation upon those under the curse of the Four Kingdoms. Even if we must drain the blood of the Crown Princess and dismember her body to break the curse, I will gladly bear witness." He truly showed the side he stood on and it was horrifying knowing that what he said may be something they will do to her.

Clenched teeth and hands forming into fists, Xin Hua began to beat the man. He didn't even bother to resist as his lips began to bleed and face bruised.

Coming from behind, Ru Mingyu grabbed the Crown Prince and pulled him back. "Your Highness!" he exclaimed. The guard couldn't believe his behavior. It was unlike him to lash out before a group of people since he often kept himself no matter the situation.

Xin Hua tried to break away from his guard's grasps and his expression was only madness. "Let me go Ru Mingyu! I need to shut him up. He isn't deserving of speaking about her such a way." he's lost all control.

Also coming to the Crown Prince, was Yuan Shan to help Ru Mingyu hold him back. The strength he possessed was not one to turn your back on.

As minutes passed, Crown Prince Xin Hua soon calmed down. Back at his seat, he seemed to be in a daze, absent from the world. In all honesty, he didn't know what came over him and was quite shocked once he realized what happened.

Eyes wandering the room, Prince Ren Huiliang took a deep breath before looking to the others to continue. "Now, about these men....."

Doors opening, this chamber was unfamiliar. The inside of the room was different from the Xie Kingdom as well as the architecture. However, there wasn't much light that lit this room but the few candles situated in one place.

"Your Highness," a voice called.

At the mention of that title, an individual that sat alone turned to face them. Those phoenix eyes that held gray with a hint of green, were filled with lonesome.

Her Highness, Crown Princess Lian Yu.
.
.
.