Chapter 35

Alone, Crown Prince Xin Hua sat in thought as the rain poured. He wondered what the Sui Kingdom could be doing to her this very moment when he could just run away and find her. However, to be reckless would put everyone at risk.

"Ru Mingyu," he called his personal guard who stood in another room.

Entering the space the royal was in, Ru Mingyu gave a short bow, "Yes, Your Highness."

"Sit down," the royal spoke as he referred to the chair across him.

Doing as told, the guard sat down and only silence followed for what seemed like forever when it was only seconds. He could see the dread behind those eyes that held almost no light. As if he had lost hope.

Lips parting, Xin Hua bit the inside of his lips before speaking. "......Have you ever....loved someone before?"

Ru Mingyu's brow raised hearing his words. Why was he asking this question out of the blue? "Of course," giving his answer. "I have loved and love many." Although he was very private about his life with others, even with those from his childhood, he has had a few lovers before. However, he always ended it as he did not want to lead them on with the feelings he no longer held. Some would say he was quite the player because of this and his handsome face. "And one of them is Yu."

Hearing her name, made the Crown Prince's heart race. "You love her such a way?" he was curious.

A light smile, the guard knew he had the wrong idea. "I love her as a sister."

This made him feel at ease knowing it wasn't what he had thought. "Can you tell me about her? I want to know about her, everything." he looked like a little boy asking such a thing.

The guard frowned, thinking about how he should start. "Well....when she was younger, she absolutely adored an erhu player by the name of Yanmei. Because of her, she learned how to play before stopping."

"Why did she stop?"

Ru Mingyu chuckled, "She said that every time she picked up that instrument, she couldn't bear to play it because it wasn't herself she wanted to hear, but Yanmei."

"Really? Does she perhaps know any other musicians?"

The man couldn't help but laugh to himself inside as this was quite an unusual sight. "Most certainly...."

They went on and on about everything, like how she absolutely treasured the waterfall in the bamboo forest three kilometers away from the Lian Manor that rained petals of forest blossoms. Even the littlest things were mentioned such as her habit of pursing her lips when she thought something was funny or when she'd twirl her hair as she listened to someone talk. All these things, he found it to be so endearing.

"You know during the hunt just a while back when I had found her," he mentioned to Ru Mingyu who eyed him. "I never exactly noticed until that moment but.....she has the most beautiful eyes. I had seen her up close before but never paid any mind. It were as though looking too long would make you fall."

The guard laughed as he knew very well how stunning her eyes were having looked at them his whole life. "Back at the Lian clinic, she would often fight with the children because they always refused to take their medication." his smile widened remembering all those moments. "And in the end, she would win." she was like a child herself.

This also made the royal laugh as just thinking about her acting such a way seemed unreal. However, as quickly his laughter came so did it vanish, and Ru Mingyu saw it all. "Is something wrong, Your Highness?"

"Are you worried about her?" Xin Hua knew it was quite absurd to ask someone who is close to her this question, but he did anyways.

Eyes lowering, Ru Mingyu lightly frowned. "Of course," there's not a single second where he doesn't think about her well-being. He just doesn't want to show it, and what hurts more was that he promised to protect her.

At those words, the Crown Prince slouched over as his hands covered his face. "I know I was horrible to her in the beginning, then I felt in a way sentimental, and now.........." he sighed. "...I want her right by my side. I must save her." his voice broke.

Brows pressed together, the guard could only give words of comfort. "Yu is a strong person and will not let the raging waves engulf her."

Crown Prince Xin Hua only hoped that was true.

Elsewhere, a woman sat in a chair with a lap blanket over her as she watched the pouring rain. She usually felt at peace and relaxed whenever the weather was so but with this situation she was not.

Eyes lowered, she could only look at what seems to be a page torn from a book that held scribes. Her attention lingered just a second longer, before she folded it in half and held it over the candle flame beside her. Watching the page as it burned, she recounted the contents of what was on it.

On this page, revealed that the Sui Kingdom was responsible for everything. Their first move was to implant eyes to watch their every move before going on to reach out to Lian Yu. This however, was stopped by Lian Song when she decided to talk to her father along with the other Clan Leaders and the king to withhold Lian Yu's entrance to take her title and take her place to talk to these men. With every man she killed, she felt as though no answer would come until one man broke. Although he didn't know what Crown Prince Han Yinjie of the Sui Kingdom wanted with the Xie Crown Princess, he spilled who his master was and the plans they were taking into consideration in order to capture the Crown Princess. They were going to obtain her no matter what, even if it meant killing all those she loves.

The last of the paper gone and burned to ashes, the woman breathed heavily as she then shut her eyes for a brief second. It was silent for a short while just thinking about how everyone was when she decided to voluntarily leave. Rather than think for herself, she thought about the safety of Yuan Li and the others.

A somber gaze her hands came over her lap. ".......I hope this rain stops soon."
.
.
.