6 | concerns

"What's going on, old man?"

When Charlie's dad had called her and asked her to come over to talk over a cup of tea, she was very surprised. Jordyn and Charlie Sr, had always gotten along pretty well. Jordyn respected him as a cop and as the only parents that really cared about Charlie and did everything he could to make him happy. Charlie Sr was glad that his son was happy and that Jordyn was such a good influence in his life, making him happier than he had ever been.

Charlie Sr chuckled softly at her comment, "I'm worried."

Jordyn looked at him very confused, "What do you mean? About Charlie?"

"No, no. I'm talking about Bella. She's been spending all of her free time with Edward. The two of them are attached at the hip and I don't think it's good for her, she's too dependent on him. She thinks she's better than everyone and quite frankly treats me and Charlie like we're beneath her. I'm worried that she's going to isolate herself from everyone else and burn any bridges with those in her life." Charlie Sr sighed.

Jordyn exhaled, "I'm going to be honest with you, you're not the only one that's noticed. The two of them are constantly attached at the hip, where one goes the other is. They have no regard to those around them. I know Bella hasn't been treating you and Charlie with the respect you deserve but quite frankly neither has Edward. Hell 3 members of the family are moving out. Neither of them care about those around them, which is probably why they gravitated towards each other, they are as bad as each other. I'm sorry they've made you feel the way they have but you have to put your foot down with Bella. She is your child and lives under your roof. You need to lay down the law and make her understand that she can't treat people the way that she pleases, that she can't come and go as she pleases but most of all, can't disrespect the people that care about her."

Charlie Sr looked at her shocked. He did not know how many problems the pair had created for those around them. Neither of them cared how toxic their relationship was or the fact that they were driving people away or hurting them. He knew he couldn't blame himself but he wondered how Bella would have turned out if he had raised her, if he had made sure she visited him more often. He wondered where he had failed Bella.

"I don't know what to do."

Jordyn grabbed his hand, "Don't you dare blame yourself. You have been an amazing father. However Bella turned out, it wasn't your fault. Renee has let so much slide with Bella that she hasn't done her any favours, on top of that she spoiled her so much that she thinks she's better than everyone. You have raised Charlie to be understanding, kind and welcoming. You are nothing like Renee and your son is proof of that. You do not get to blame yourself for not doing what Renee should have done. You are an amazing father."

"You mean that?" He asked softly. He had always struggled with relationships, especially being a father but his son has made him so proud. He knew that Charlie was going to grow up and be an exceptional young man and his future was bright.

Jordyn grinned, "Of course. Charlie is lucky to have you. I may have lost my parents but I know they would be happy that Ihave you as a father figure, as someone that cares about me and looks after me. You are an amazing father and I'm lucky to have you in my life."

"Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me. It's not been easy being a single parent but I'm proud of the man Charlie has become. You have also become like a daughter to me, I couldn't be more proud to have you in my life. Thank you."

"No, thank you, for being the best father anyone could ask for."