8 | reunited

"How are you doing?"

The summer had pretty much flown by and Jordyn couldn't wait to go back to school, well it was more like she couldn't wait to see Charlie again and hold him in her arms. The summer had been long and the mates missed each at more than anything but they did have a lot of fun with their families. Charlie had gone a road trip with his dad all over the country, fishing and camping and the pair were closer than ever. Jordyn had visited different covens with her brothers and had even managed to contain the threat to her life and family, which meant Marcel and Kaleb were coming back to Forks with her and with how she had felt everything with the Cullen's, she needed her brothers now more than ever.

Jordyn sighed, "I've been better. As much as I hate the way things ended with the Cullen's, I'm okay. I still keep in touch with Rosalie, Emmett and Jasper. I was never really close with Alice and honestly, I don't think she ever liked me. Carlisle and Esme made it clear that Edward will always be their favourite and quite frankly, I don't care. As for Edward, he can go die in hole for all I care. I'm just glad I go back to Forks with my two favourite people." Jordyn knew she had to cut her loses with Alice, Carlisle, Esme and Edward as they had made no effort to reach out to her. When she had told Marcel what had happened with the Cullen's before she left, he had been fuming at the way they had treated his sister. He had trusted them and instead they hurt her and he was not okay with that.

"You excited to see him again?" Kaleb teased.

"Who?" Jordyn played dumb knowing it would annoy her brother.

Kaleb rolled his eyes, "You know who I'm talking about. Why you gotta be like that?"

"You know I love tease you." Jordyn giggled before answering his question, "I am very excited to see him. FaceTime can only do so much but he's having fun and so am I. As much as I care about Charlie, we both have families that love and care about us and we want to spend time with them. Neither of us want to get too attached to each other to the point where we depend on each other for everything. We both have individual lives and we just happen to fit in each other's lives, that's what makes this relationship so beautiful. He makes me so happy and I'm proud to call him my mate. Being apart from him has not been fun."

"Don't worry, you'll see him soon."

"I really hope so."

The next few days went by rather quickly and before she knew it, it was the start of term

The next few days went by rather quickly and before she knew it, it was the start of term. Kaleb and Marcel had set up a house in between Forks and Quilette land on no-mans land and Jordyn loved it. The house was surrounded by woods and it was close to the beach. It was open but also enclosed and it allowed her to practice her magic away from the public. Her brothers had talked her through the importance of practicing her magic but also training without her powers so she was prepared for anything that came her way. Rosalie, Emmett and Jasper had visited the night before and they were able to catch up on how everything had been going the past couple of weeks and they reassured her that nothing between them had changed.

"Jordyn!" She heard as she got out of her car. She looked around the parking lot to find Charlie standing by his car, waving for her to come over to him. Jordyn did not hesitate as she dropped her bag and ran over to him. She threw herself at him, wrapping her arms and legs around him.

Charlie laughed as he hugged her back just as tightly, "I missed you too."

"I missed you so much." Jordyn exhaled as she pressed kisses all over his face while he blushed. Charlie tried to put her down but she refused to let her go so he continued to hold her until the bell rang. He put her down but she held his arm and refused to let him go, not that he was complaining. Charlie really had missed her too. He helped her get her bag before helping her to her first class.

Jordyn pouted, "I don't want to leave you."

Charlie chuckled, "I know but we both have to get an education and I promise that I'll be here at the end of your class."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

And he certainly fulfilled his promise. Charlie was there at the end of every class and let her sit in his lap during lunch. The day had gone by rather fast and the two mates couldn't wait to spend more time together.

"Do you want to come over?" Charlie asked as he led her towards her car. His dad was working and he would have the house all to himself. He wanted nothing more than to spend more time with Jordyn, being apart from her for so long had caused an ache in his heart and having her close made him feel so good.

Jordyn beamed, "I would love to." She had followed Charlie to his house after texting her brothers, who obviously teased her but told her to stay safe and use protection.

When they got to the house, they got comfortable in his bedroom, watching a film that he had picked. He cooked dinner for the both of them, making sure to leave some for his dad when he came home late. They laughed and talked but the longer they stayed close to each other, the kisses got heavier and the touches got hotter and in the end, neither could wait any longer.

And that night, the two mates finally consummated their bond.