1 | sister

"I can't do this anymore

"I can't do this anymore."

Jordyn was certainly taken aback by the text message she had received from Charlie. She knew he was having a hard time with having his sister back but she didn't know it was that bad. Charlie had texted her throughout the weekend to update him on helping his sister move back in but as the weekend progressed, the texts just got worse. He was finding it harder to keep himself sane and not completely break down.

Jordyn did the only thing she could think of at the moment and that was pick up the phone and call him, "What's going on?"

Charlie sighed, "I hate this. She is so selfish and rude to dad. She acts like she's entitled to everything and puts dad down whenever she can. She keeps asking about my personal life and hasn't let go of the fact that I have a girlfriend. She keeps referring to how great her life in Phoenix was and that Forks is so bland. I hate it. She acts like dad and I are beneath her." Charlie had never really had a good relationship with his sister but in the few hours they had been reacquainted, she was selfish, rude and disrespectful. He wished she was the Bella he remembered but she wasn't and he wasn't sure what to do about it.

Jordyn just listened as he ranted, "I know it's not easy for you. You and your dad are the nicest people I know and if she can't see that, then that's her loss. I love you, nothing she does or says is going to change. You are an amazing person and anyone in your life is lucky to have you. Besides, only a couple more months before we graduate." She hated knowing he was so upset, especially because of someone that clearly didn't feel the same way about him.

"You sure know how to cheer me up, doll face." Charlie chuckled.

"That's because I love you."

"I love you too."

When Monday morning had come around, Jordyn was anxious to see Charlie

When Monday morning had come around, Jordyn was anxious to see Charlie. They had spent of the night on the phone, calming his nerves and reassuring him that everything was going to okay. She hated that he was feeling so upset and it hadn't been the fact she had overslept, she would have picked him up in the morning. When she drove into the parking lot, Charlie was already there and she made beeline for him.

"I love you," he spoke softly as he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

Jordyn pressed a kiss to his neck, "I love you too."

The two clung to each other most of the day. They walked each other to class, sat in the library during lunch and embraced each other in the parking lot at the end of the day. Jordyn, however, was a little confused when she saw Edward race out of school towards his car, getting in and peeling out of the partaking lot. The rest of the Cullen's not far behind. She looked at Rosalie in confusion, who promised she would explain later. However, during all of this, neither had expected Bella to walk up to them.

"Who are you?" She asked with a tight smile. As she watched the girl in Charlie's arms, she couldn't help the scowl on the face. What did anyone see in him?

Jordyn frowned as she looked at her, "Jordyn Atwell. Who are you?" Jordyn had a small inkling to who she was but she was going to wait for her to introduce herself. Jordyn was not one to be intimidated, not now, not ever.

"I'm Bella Swan, Charlie's sister." She replied with a smirk. Jordyn already knew she was going to be a problem with her attitude. She acted like she was above others and that all eyes should be on her but she was in for a reality check if she thought she thought she could boss Jordyn around.

Jordyn nodded, "I see. I've heard about you, still not sure why you're back in Forks. From the sounds of it, you seemed happier in Phoenix." Jordyn was not going to play nice with Bella, not after the way she has been treating her brother and father.

Bella glared at her before making it, "I missed Forks and I wanted to spend more time with Charlie and dad." It was easy to see that she was lying. Bella was selfish and wanted to disrupt the peace that Charlie had because he was doing just fine without her and their mother.

Jordyn looked at her with a smirk, "Something tells me that's not the truth."

"You know nothing."

"Maybe but I am very protective of the people I care about."