4 | blush

The rest of the week flew by as Jordyn and Charlie continued to get to know each other

The rest of the week flew by as Jordyn and Charlie continued to get to know each other. They were both super excited for their upcoming date and neither could get over the giddiness they felt. He continued to make her laugh and feel safe and comfortable about being herself. 

"You seem to be in a good mood." Rosalie pointed out as they stood by Jordyn's locker to get the rest of her books for the day before walking to the lunch hall. 

Jordy couldn't help the grin on her face, "I am. Charlie and I are doing great and Kaleb is coming to visit this weekend. Sure Jordyn was upset that she wouldn't see her oldest brother but one was better than none and she really wanted them to get to know Charlie because he really was important to her.

Rosalie smiled, "I'm happy for you, truly. I know I might not be the biggest fan of humans being exposed to this life but he makes you happy and that's all that matters. Your brothers love you and no matter what they will be happy for you."

"You have no idea how much that means to me." Jordyn gushed. She and Rosalie didn't get along in the beginning because Rose didn't think she deserved to be exposed to their life but when they shared their stories, they came to a mutual agreement. And Rose just had a way with words that made her feel comfortable.

 Rose nudged her shoulder, "I think I do."

"What are you two lady's doing?" Emmett grinned as he wrapped an arm Rosalie's waist. Alice, Jasper and Edward right behind him. He looked at Jordyn, "Talking about your boy?"

Jordyn giggled, "Maybe."

"You keep smiling like that, your face is going to get stuck like that." Jasper teased as he placed an arm over her shoulders.

Jordyn grinned, "You say that like it's such a bad thing."

Alice beamed at the young woman, "You are going to look so beautiful tonight."

"How did you know what I was going to wear?" Jordyn frowned.

Alice shook her head with a smile, "I don't but you have amazing fashion sense and Rose might have asked me for a few ideas when helping you find a dress." Sure Alice kept a distance but she did care about Jordyn and she wanted her to be happy.

"Thank you, that means a lot." Jordyn smiled. She and the pixie weren't as close as she was to the rest of the siblings but that didn't mean they didn't have their moments.

Edward scoffed, "I still can't believe you're all indulging this. He shouldn't know about us and I can't believe you're letting her run around with him."

"You know what, Edward? Fuck you! I deserve to be happy with my mate and if you weren't such a miserable git, you'd know that there was someone out there for you. Stop pissing on my parade and mind your own business."

"You know, I never realised it before but it is so easy to talk to you

"You know, I never realised it before but it is so easy to talk to you. Just being around you makes me feel comfortable and safe and I've never had that before." Charlie confessed. He had always put himself last. He took care of his after his mother had walked out on them and his sister had stopped visiting them. He knew his dad worked hard and did what he could to make life easier for him.

They had both decided to meet at the coffee place because Jordyn wasn't ready for any of the Cullen's to meet him just yet and Charlie wasn't sure what to tell his dad considering he had never dated before. 

Jordyn blushed, "I know what you mean because you make me feel the exact same way. You make me happy and being around just makes me feel giddy." 

They both brought out a side in each other that they craved. Charlie wanted, no needed, to feel loved and like he was their priority. He wanted to be put first and that everything he did mattered. It wasn't that Charlie didn't love his dad but he had spent most of his life taking care of a man that overworked himself too much and all he wanted was for someone to take care of him. Jordyn loved her brothers but they had each other and she always felt like she was alone without them. She wanted someone she could laugh with, tell everything to but most important, doesn't see her as the broken girl that lost her parents. 

Charlie smiled, "You had no idea how happy that makes me." From the moment she walked into his life, everything had been much brighter. She always made him laugh and she went out of her to ask him about his day and if there was anything she could do to help.

They spent the rest of the evening getting to know each other and talking about absolutely everything. They laughed and giggled through out the entire date with a lot of blushing and subtle touches. When it had all come to an end, Charlie found the courage to kiss her softly and Jordyn was not going to protest, in fact she reciprocated the kiss with just as much enthusiasm despite how soft and sweet the kiss was.

 When it had all come to an end, Charlie found the courage to kiss her softly and Jordyn was not going to protest, in fact she reciprocated the kiss with just as much enthusiasm despite how soft and sweet the kiss was

"I'm glad I came to Forks. Being here might just be the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"You know, I might have to agree with you."