Chapter 4: First to Die

"SPACEWALKER?" I QUESTION WITH A raised eyebrow, as I fall into step with the shaggy-haired boy

"SPACEWALKER?" I QUESTION WITH A raised eyebrow, as I fall into step with the shaggy-haired boy. His hair fell around his face in a messy unkempt way, a playful goofy smile spread on his lips. Clearly, he didn't mind the nickname.

He shrugs."My reputation precedes me," he pauses for a moment. "As does yours."

I squint my eyes at him. "You don't know anything about me."

"You're right," He admits. "My name is Finn, by the way."

"Kat." I stick out my hand for him to shake. He picks up a pipe from besides the dropship and turns back around in the other direction. Now walking in the direction of Clarke and Wells.

When Clarke notices us approaching her, she had a look that told me she was very pissed off— specifically at me. I lightly pat Finn on the arm as we approach her. "Word of warning, don't get any bright ideas about getting in between my fights next time, Spacewalker. Or I may actually have to go through you." I wink as he lets out some light-hearted laughter.

Clarke places her hands on her hips, not in the mood for jokes. "What the hell were you thinking?"

I groan, throwing my head back in exaggerated annoyance. Finn suppresses his snicker at how much Clarke was not having it right now. I roll my eyes at the blonde. "Someone needs to teach them a lesson. Preferably me... with my fist. Don't give me that look, I was protecting Wells!"

Wells sat on the ground with his leg outreached in front of him. He gives me a pointed look. "Nope, I don't condone this either. You could have gotten hurt." I glare at him for not taking my side on this but I don't argue with him.

Before Clarke could continue reprimanding me, Finn interjects, "Uh! So, Mount Weather. When do we leave?"

"Right now," Clarke answers, successfully distracted from scolding me. She turns sharply to face me. "We will be back tomorrow with food."

My mouth drops open. Did she really just exclude me from going on this trip? Was this her way of punishing me?

Wells scoffs. "Uh, how are the two of you gonna carry enough food for a hundred?"

Finn licks his lips, searching the crowd around them before grabbing Jasper and Monty's shoulders and spinning them around to face us. Their stunned and deeply confused expressions fall on me.

"Four of us," Finn says to Wells, patting their shoulders. "Can we go now?"

"Um," I butt in, circling them until I'm standing between Jasper and Monty. "Make that five. There's no way I'm letting these two go anywhere without me."

Clarke shakes her head, looking straight at me. "No, you are not going."

"Why not?" I say defensively.

I have known Clarke my entire life and for that entire time she has always been the one to step up for everything and take control. Now she was claiming control of this situation, just like she had for all our projects back on the Ark. Difference was she is not the boss of me.