Chapter 11: Company

Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me?

I HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET MUCH SLEEP that night due to Jasper's near constant wails of pain, but I didn't mind, crying meant he was alive. I just hated seeing him in that state.

Sebastian walked into the dropship long after everyone left. He gives me his goofy carefree grin as he approaches me, then his eyes dart to my bandaged leg.

"Don't you dare ask me if I'm okay," I groan.

Sebastian chuckles. "Now why would I ask such a ridiculous question?"

I laugh, staring up at the dropship ceiling. I haven't been able to move much, primarily due to the fact that everything hurt. Clarke had to help me get to the latrines, and that in itself was torture. Sebastian stands over me, his brown eyes searching my face. "When I heard you were hurt..."

"Hey, don't worry the cat got the worst of it."

"I heard you got that injury when you fell?"

"I didn't just fall." I look at him with mock offense, but I couldn't help the smile that spreads across my face. "I fell into a pit of super sharp spikes. I mean come on at least don't soften up my story!"

Sebastian shakes his head at me. "You are something else, Katherine."

His eyes flicker over to Jasper just a few feet away. He grimaces slightly at the horrible sounds that Jasper was making. Although I'm sure that you could hear Jasper from a mile away, it sounds hundred times worse inside the dropship. Sebastian turns back to me and raises an eyebrow. "Want me to get you out of here?"

I shake my head. "Can't. If I so much as move a muscle I will be strapped down and forced to stay here against my will. Clarke's words, not mine."

"I'll spring you if it comes down to it. Clarke can't stop me."

"Yeah, right. I don't think we're talking about the same Clarke Griffin."

We both laugh. Sebastian's eyes trail back to my leg, a slight frown twitching onto his lips. He sits down beside me, taking my hand in his and stroking my hair away from my face. Jasper's moans seem to fade further and further away until I finally find sleep.

When I awoke a few hours later, Sebastian was gone. Jasper was still moaning but the dropship was completely empty. There was some natural light spilling in from the open door, but it wasn't enough to illuminate the entire space. I hadn't realized how dinky this piece of scrap metal truly was until now since I had nothing better to do but analyze it. It was unbelievable that we actually made it to Earth in this junk.