Chapter 47

"OH THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE

"OH THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE." CLARKE lets out a breath of relief as I enter through the dropship doors.

I didn't share her feeling of relief. I am sure it was evident on my face that I was finding it increasingly harder to breathe. I did a sweep of the level for who was already inside. Some of our injured laid at the far corners to make room for the growing crowd. Others who were just scared and crying huddled in groups together.

The echoes of grounders screaming for our death pierces through the air.

"I'm closing that damn door now!" Miller shouts.

I turn around to face him. "No! We still have people out there."

Bellamy and Octavia were nowhere to be seen. I had hoped that they would've been long safe by now. It had been a long while since we parted ways. So where the hell were they?

Miller shakes his head feverishly, dismissing me. I push past him and rush back out of the dropship before he could even reach the lever. He gives me an exasperated look which I ignore.

I stumble back slightly at the sight before me. The grounders had taken down the gate and were now inside the walls. Absolute carnage and bloodshed was all around me. I watch frozen in horror as Tristan— the man who tortured me—-struts through our camp, swinging his heavy sword at anybody who came near him or was even remotely in his way. The trademark sadistic smirk spread across his face when he spots me across the field. All I could do was stand paralyzed in my spot. Every inch of my body that was once touched by him felt like it was on suddenly on fire.

I was aggressively pushed down onto the ground without warning. I groan at the impact, and try to quickly fend off my attacker. Only I look up to meet Thomas's eyes. He quickly broke eye contact and spun around to fire his arrows continuously at the approaching grounders.

"All right, Jasper, get everybody, get inside now!" Clarke yells from the entrance of the dropship.

My ears were ringing again. I crawl forward, trying to fight my muscles back for control of my body. I crane my head to search the crowd for any sign of him. All I needed was to see him. There was no way I was going to leave him behind.

"Bellamy, run!" I hear Clarke yell.

I whip my head around to follow Clarke's line of sight. And that's when I saw him. On the other side of the field, sprinting toward us. He quickly picks up a gun as he dashes across the battlefield.

"Bell!" I scream in trepidation.

Tristan had been watching me the entire time. He saw the fear on my face and he fed off of it. His attention was now turned toward Bellamy, knowing that he was who I cared about. I turn my head in time to see him begin to stalk over to Bellamy and my heart sinks in my chest.

Suddenly, I no longer cared that my legs were numb or that inhaling the air felt like breathing in knives. I push off the ground with all my strength and spring up on my feet. I take the gun I had abandoned and aim it directly at Tristan's back. I pull down on the trigger without a second thought—click, click, click.