Sān shí jiǔ

"What are you thinking about? We have almost arrived," Lisa's cheerful voice traveled to her ears.

Jisoo turned and saw the happiness and expectation in Lisa's eyes. When she looked up, she saw the car turn into another street before parking next to a large tree that was outside the courtyard house. Jisoo noticed that there were already a few cars parked nearby and they were all of the expensive brands.

"Luckily we have arrived early today. Last year, I came a little late and there were no spaces left to park in." Lisa felt glad that she managed to get a good parking space.

After she opened the car door for Jisoo when she got out, she turned back to get the gifts that Jisoo had brought for her elders.

She hadn't noticed it earlier but Jisoo had brought quite a lot and all the gifts were all beneficial to the elderly's health. Lisa's smile became brighter and she led Jisoo the way with one hand holding hers. "Let's go in."

Once they entered the main courtyard, they already saw a few children running around and playing together. There were also many men and women who were dressed tastefully seated under the trees drinking tea or playing Hwatu. Lisa's mother was one of them.

"Nalalisa has arrived?" A rather plump woman who looked about 60 nudged Mother Manoban, who was next to her, when she saw Lisa. "Yeodongsaeng, your Lisa has returned?"

Soon, Jisoo who was stood next to Lisa was noticed and everyone's gazes fell on them. Jisoo suddenly felt that the pressure weighing on her had increased tremendously.

"Aigoo, Jisoo has also come?" When Mother Manoban saw them both, she did not greet Lisa.

Instead, she quickly walked up to them and nudged Lisa to one side and beamed at Jisoo while asking in a friendly tone.

"You seem thinner since the last time I saw you a few months ago. Is uri Lisa not looking after you properly? Since you have arrived so early, have you eaten breakfast yet? Are you thirsty? Do you want some water?"

"Auntie, I'm alright. Lisa has looked after me very well during the journey," Jisoo was so shocked by Mother Manoban's friendliness that she choked. She quickly looked down to hide her embarrassment.

"Mother, you have forgotten that your daughter is over here too," Lisa rescued her when she saw Jisoo in this predicament, but her mother did not seem like she wanted to play along.

"You can go wherever you like." She rolled her eyes at Lisa.

So, Lisa smiled foolishly as she stood to one side carrying many bags, watching her mother ask about her girlfriend's well-being passionately. It was like Jisoo was her own daughter.