Èr shí jiǔ

Lisa wouldn't assume that she had secretly gone on holiday with Seulgi's mother, right?

Lisa could.

Given that Jisoo hadn't told Lisa the reason she had gone to Busan. Lisa wouldn't assume the wrong thing, right? Jisoo's brain quickly churned out numerous worrying thoughts. She immediately felt as if a huge weight had been placed on her.

"Are you tired?" Lisa asked.

When she saw Jisoo's blank expression, she took all the luggage from Jisoo's hand in one smooth action.

Lisa laughed lightly before turning towards Seulgi's mother and greeting her politely.

"Mrs. Kang, you were with Jisoo. Thank you for looking after her during the journey."

"No, no, it was Jisoo who looked after me. Miss Manoban must be joking." Seulgi's mother noticed that Lisa had taken her own luggage from Jisoo's hands as well. She could tell that this young woman harboured deep feelings for Jisoo.

She felt rather conflicted, even though she had already noticed this the last time they had met. But any mother would feel like this when they realized that the new partner of their child's ex-girlfriend was a much better option than their own child.

"You're too courteous," Lisa said. She then poked Jisoo's forehead and said, "What are you still spacing out for? Are we leaving yet?"

Jisoo stopped zoning out. Since Lisa's expression appeared to be normal, she decided to explain herself, "I actually met Auntie Kang when I got on the plane today. Maybe it's fate taking its course."

"Yeah." Lisa smiled widely.

She felt delighted on observing Jisoo's awkward behaviour and explanation because they indicated that, Jisoo did care about Lisa's feelings a little. Women's responses in these situations were indeed very cute. Lisa had thoroughly understood the saying, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

The three of them exited the airport together. Lisa's car was parked in the space just outside so she turned and told Seulgi's mother, "Mrs. Kang, Jisoo and I will send you home."

"There's no need to trouble you. Someone from my house is coming to pick me up." Mrs. Kang was had experience. Lisa had said 'Jisoo and I' and not just 'I'; it was clear that she was declaring her status.

Living a melodramatic life meant living fearlessly. After Seulgi's mother had finished speaking, Seulgi showed up not too far away from the group.

"Mom." Seulgi didn't think that she would see Jisoo and Lisa there.

She walked up to the group and took her mother's luggage from Lisa's hands. She then flashed Lisa a reluctant smile. "Many thanks."

Lisa smiled in return and replied, "You're welcome."

Seulgi stopped looking at Lisa and turned towards Jisoo instead. "Jisoo, we haven't seen each other for a while, how are you?"

Seulgi frowned slightly when she saw the fatigue in Jisoo's expression.

"I'm fine."

Jisoo believed that she and Seulgi could no longer even be ordinary friends. Although the anger and disgust she had for Seulgi was gradually dissipating, as a woman, the memory of being betrayed by a romantic partner was not a great one.