Jiǔ

"Beautiful?" Mrs. Baek sneered, "Dressed up like a gaudy star. Obviously she's never been to these parties before. Did she really think these parties are like those low class ones from dramas."

Jisoo restrained her smile with great effort. Although Mrs. Baek did not use any obscenities, her words were really unpleasant. Jisoo's brows wrinkled. She did not know what Seulgi was thinking when she brought Irene here. This type of places are not a game because losing face in these places meant that everyone would definitely know about it.

"I heard she is young COO Kang's secretary," Hee Jin said lightly. Once Hee Jin said this, the women present revealed a hint of ridicule and understanding.

Jisoo lifted her glass up to hide the twitching of her lips. Ah, a woman's mouth could kill someone virtually.

"Miss Kim's bracelet looks very nice. Where did you buy it?" Mrs. Baek's sight fell on Jisoo's wrist and asked curiously.

Jisoo understood that since the previous topic was brought to attention by Mrs. Baek, and she had gotten her desired result, she could not carry on with the topic if she did not want to be known as someone who gossiped about others, so she had changed the topic.

Jisoo sighed internally. Jisoo believed that even if there were no men in this world, these women would still be just as successful.

"This bracelet was a gift from my mother when I entered university. I thought this bracelet would suit my outfit tonight, so I wore it. It's not anything precious." Jisoo generously displayed her wrist.

Approval flashed across Hee Jin's eyes.

"Only upstarts would wear a pile of designers' clothing and accessories. I think this bracelet really suits you. Seeing such delicate skin, even I cannot help but want to pinch it." She shook her head and sighed, "Jisoo, you really make us women envious."

Jisoo touched her face and spoke accusedly, "Senior Jeon, are you trying to get me hated by others. In the people present, who does not have good skin? You are deliberately praising me. What are your intentions?"

Jisoo dealt with the women while lamented again, these ladies, not only did they have good appearances but even their brains were sharp! Jisoo couldn't help but think that after this she should eat more walnuts to supplement her brain. Her brain power was almost not enough to deal with these women.

At this moment, clicking noise from high heels was heard. Jisoo turned around and saw a pretty woman walking towards them. The woman was wearing a crimson evening dress paired with a shiny necklace. Jisoo suddenly felt stomach pains while the other ladies' expressions became wooden.

This was an ill-fated relationship, ah ......

Recently Seulgi's thoughts toward Jisoo were getting more and more complex. On one hand, she wanted Jisoo to let go of her pride and find her, so they can get back together again. On the other hand, she wanted Jisoo to stop appearing in front of her again because every time she did, she would remember what happened that night.

She wanted Jisoo to depend on her a little and be a little docile. Seulgi liked Jisoo's strength but she also hated it at the same time. After knowing Jisoo had resigned from her job, she was worried that Jisoo might not be living well. When she saw Jisoo at the party, wearing an expensive dress, she thought her worries were unnecessary.

Seulgi even thought maliciously that all these things were given to her by Lisa, but Seulgi was clear that Jisoo was not like that. Also Lisa was not a person who liked those types of women.