Shí

"I'm not very clear about it, but it's certain that Lisa likes Jisoo. Also, I don't know what on earth Seulgi was thinking, bringing such a woman would only cause her to lose face. It's also breaking the peace of this party."

"She was willing to bring that person to lose face. We can't stop her," Lee Soo Hyuk smiled with ridicule. "It appears that the Kang family is just like this."

Irene understood Lisa's words had other meanings. She glanced at Jisoo and smiled coldly, "If she did not have a mild temper, then she wouldn't have been dumped."

Those words were extremely disgraceful and it gave off an unreasonable feeling. Irene frowned while Seulgi's expression was so bad that it could not get any worse.

Jisoo thought Irene had watched too many dramas. Otherwise, why else would Irene dress like this to attend a business party, and why else would she cause such a scene here. Everyone present were all notable people, so losing face here meant that it was likely that she wouldn't come back to this social circle for at least a couple of years. If others recognize her and it was said that there was a problem with her character, then how would she still have face to come back to this circle.

"Jisoo," Wendy suddenly appeared from somewhere. She greeted Lisa first before looking at Irene and Seulgi with shock.

"Seulgi, why are you still bothering Jisoo? She has already told you that she doesn't like you. Also, Irene, what's wrong with you? Why do you keep bothering Jisoo? Even if Jisoo is tolerating you because you're both from the same town, Irene, you shouldn't act too over the top."

Life was just like a drama. If you're not going to act dramatically then I will, and if no one was acting dramatically then someone else would give you a reason to do so.

Jisoo listened to Wendy defending her and suddenly thought – this was way too melodramatic. But Jisoo was also worried that Wendy would cause trouble for Wendy's father for defending her.

So it was like this .... There were a wide range of looks as everyone gazed at Irene and Seulgi. There were looks of suspicions, assumptions, and conjectures.

Eventually Seulgi couldn't hold it in anymore and turned to face Irene and said, "You're fired. Tomorrow I'll let the HR department know to give you a dismissal letter."

After speaking to Irene, she turned to speak to Jisoo, "Jisoo, I'm sorry. I didn't know Irene is actually like this. Even though she is my secretary, our Kang company will not keep such an employee."

This action from Seulgi was very cruel. Because she wanted to save the Kang family's face, she could only push Irene out.

Jisoo glanced at the pale faced Irene and sighed internally. This was what rich people were like. When playing with you they would gift you branded jewelry and cars, but when they didn't want you anymore, then you were just a rotten and annoying toy. At that time, they would wish that you disappeared instantly from their sight.

If Irene had been a bit more tactful then she wouldn't have fallen to this stage. At least, Seulgi wouldn't have embarrassed her like this when Seulgi no longer wanted her.

"It's only a misunderstanding. COO Kang doesn't need to mind it so much."

Jisoo was not so generous as to help Irene, so she turned around to pull Wendy's hand, "If I had known earlier that you would also be here, I would have definitely gone to find you ages ago. Let's go and chat somewhere else." When she left with Wendy, Jisoo remembered to take the fruit platter from Lisa.