Sān shí bā

In the car, Jisoo looked at Lisa restlessly, "Are we really going to see Auntie and Uncle this weekend?"

The car stopped at a red light. Lisa smiled at her with great care when she saw Jisoo restlessness, "If you don't mind, we can go today."

Jisoo coughed dryly and moved her sight away from Lisa.

"It's the green light now, you should just keep driving your car!"

Lisa made a face at Jisoo and restrained her laughter from her previous response.

"You don't need to worry. My parents are easy to get along with. They have both seen you before and they like you a lot," Lisa consoled her gently.

"I recently called them and they often ask about you. They also told me to quickly bring back their daughter-in-law to see them."

"Who's your wife?!"

Jisoo felt her cheeks heat up and turned her head away to one side. Her heart began beating a little faster. What wife . . .

That night, a sharp-toothed potato suddenly popped out and called out "Wifey" in Jisoo's dream. She was scared awake. Then, she pulled the quilt over her head. It was all Lisa's fault.

That scoundrel, why did she suddenly talk about wives? She was woken up by her dream in the middle of the night. It was so scary.

 It was so scary

†††††††

The next morning, she had dark circles under her eyes, though it was not very noticeable. Jisoo sighed as she stared at the mirror. When she left her home, she got onto Lisa's car since he gave her a lift to work.

By now, many of her colleagues knew about her relationship with Lisa. All of the male colleagues who used to actively help her carry her things became aloof, while her relationship with the female colleagues did not change much apart from the occasional looks of envy.

In the afternoon, she got stopped by Park Bom after Jisoo delivered a document to her.

"Jisoo, one of our company's clients said that they wanted to see you," Park Bom appeared rather busy. She was collecting documents while typing non-stop on her computer.

A client? Jisoo was surprised. She was just a manager's assistant; her job scope did not include that.

Park Bom saw the puzzled look on Jisoo's face and explained, "She is the young owner of a food company; she's called Lee Sunmi. Do you know her?"

Jisoo was even more puzzled. She had only said a few sentences to her during the engagement party, so they weren't close enough to meet up and chat alone.

"Why does she want to see me?"

"If you're not willing, then don't go." Park Bom saw that there was something strange about Jisoo's expression.