Shí liù

By the time Jisoo had hung up the phone, it was already eleven in the night. She glanced at the call log. The duration of the call lasted for 00:27:29*). Her mood was indescribably brightened. Someone had called her at this time of the day just to chat and kill time with her, so it was unsurprising that there would be an improvement to her mood.

Never would Jisoo think of Lisa as the type of woman to have a habit of long calls as they chatted about the weather and some novels. An originally cold and detached influential figure, who was difficult to get close to, turned out surprisingly to be just an ordinary person.

Such a person with both status and brains, she was a perfect model as the female lead in a novel with the title of 'The Lonely and Great God', a title that was currently trendy and suits her well. But it's that apart from having these attributes, Lisa behaves somewhat like an ordinary person.

Flipping her phone close, Jisoo pulled up her duvet and fell into a dreamless sleep.

In the next afternoon after Jisoo had just finished her work, Park Bom called her to the office. Jisoo took a file and was prepared to go to JinChu.

She glanced at the time. It was 2:30 in the afternoon and it was the perfect time to start setting off to JinChu.

Arriving at the entrance of JinChu's building, Park Bom lifted her head to look at JinChu's sparkling logo. Park Bom revealed a rueful expression. She had been working in Cha Battda for several years, and the first time she had seen Lisa was in the earlier years at Lisa's grandfather's birthday banquet.

At that time, Lisa was only a 2nd year university student. Yet after graduation, she started her own company and it had grown to such a large one in just a few years. It was no wonder that whenever the old man from the Manoban Family spoke about Lisa, her face was always filled with pride.

Turning around, she took a look at Jisoo who was walking beside her. Ever since the interview, Park Bom had particularly paid attention to Jisoo and it seems her foresight was correct. This young lady was capable and treats others appropriately.

When they entered JinChu's building, before they had even reached the reception desk, a courteous staff member came up to them and led them both to the elevator.

Quietly, Jisoo stood next to Park Bom. She was, afterall, an assistant so she understood what she should and should not do. These were the ground rules that a new employee should know.

Once the elevator doors opened, Park Bom was amazed because Lisa's assistant, Ong Seong Woo, was waiting for them outside the elevator. Park Bom never imagined that Seong Woo would personally come to receive them for such a small collaboration with Cha Battda.

"Annyeong haseyo Executive Park, hello Jisoo," Seong Woo greeted when he saw them both. His face wore a smile as he said, "Please, come through. I have guessed that you would be coming around this time. The CEO is currently in a board meeting, but it should be ending soon, so would you please follow me."

"It's us that came early," Park Bom smiled. Seong Woo looked at his watch after turning around and he realized that there were still ten minutes before the arranged meeting time.

At this point, Park Bom realized that Seong Woo, who was Lisa's trusted assistant, knew Jisoo since he called Jisoo directly by name.

"What drink would Executive Park like? Tea, coffee, or fruit juice?" Seong Woo asked while opening the windows after he had led them into the VIP lounge.