"Look, our first anniversary will be too late. If you want, I can wait till next month," he offered. He failed to believe she used the word privacy for sex.

"Four months."

"Two months."

"Three"

"Annika, you always think about what others will say. You hardly care about how I feel."

"Jo aapko chahiye woh iha bhi toh mil sakta hain na?' She ran away after saying those words. He blushed. He was excited. He couldn't wait to make love on their bed in the Oberoi mansion.

***

Annika watched as Rudra's friends and some acquaintances started coming in around the evening to attend the party. Her eyes moistened. The first party she attended after her graduation was her engagement with Shivaay. She partied in London when she graduated a semester early but her only family back then wasn't there.

Rudra and his friends weren't very wild thanks to a few mature adults in the room, but at the same time, they were having the time of their lives. After this point, they will all go in separate ways, some making careers, some doing post-graduation or both like Annika was doing. It was an amazing feeling which Annika couldn't experience beautifully.

She missed Shivaay beside her. Only he could make her forget her pain and smile. He received a last-minute call from their clients in Japan and stayed back in their room. Annika didn't budge him considering he put less attention to the office during the worse days of their marriage. She wanted him to focus on his work too.

"Hey babe," she turned uncomfortable when some guy approached her with a drink. Rudra was a fun-loving guy too but something about this guy didn't give her good vibes. She missed Shivaay more now.

"Hi." Annika didn't want to entertain him but walking out will be outright rude. She wished she was like her husband in some cases but even Shivaay won't walk out if someone made him uncomfortable. Aditi, who they met at a charity event, was the perfect example.

"Drink?"

"No, thank you."

He took a step closer to Annika. She balled her palms in a fist. He was Rudra's friend, there were many people around, she didn't know if a firm reaction would suit in this situation.

"Dance?"

"No."

He stepped even closer.

"Long drive?"

"A good beating?"

She felt Shivaay place his hand on the small of her back. She sighed in relief and leaned closer to him.

"Hi, Bhaiya," the boy turned as scared as Annika was a few seconds earlier. Shivaay couldn't believe a boy was flirting with his wife. He was angrier because Annika didn't do anything. One quick glare and the boy left. He felt Annika's fingers brush near the lapel of his suit.

"Let it be. Maybe he thought I was one of Rudra's friends like everyone else among the guests. I guess he didn't know I am your wife." Annika didn't want to deal with an angry and possessive Shivaay now. He was looking here and there in search of the boy.

Shivaay pursed his lips hearing Annika. Of course, he didn't know she was Rudra's brother's wife. She was the same age as Rudra and his friends, so the confusion was valid. It was one of the rare times when he got reminded of their age gap. If boys eyed his woman just like that, it didn't sit well with him.

Annika pretended to set his hair to get his attention. She couldn't see him angry or sad.

"Will you dance with me?" Shivaay grabbed the hand she offered and they hit the dance floor.